This just pisses me off!

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Alex MacDonald, May 25, 2014.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

what a tragedy down in UCSB. The paper today had a photo of a grieving father, bemoaning (justifiably) the loss of his son, but complaining about the "proliferation" of guns. What, in CA?? Strange he wouldn't say a word about the equal number of victims this bastard knifed to death. Why do these people want to absolve the perp, and blame the gun? Additionally, I wonder if, as the paper said, our "precious little snowflake" went bonkers because he was stiffed by a bunch of sorority stuck-ups and couldn't handle the rejection-again, according to the paper. Could this be the ultimate realization of "everybody wins a trophy" philosophy that begins in grade school? This sort of shit NEVER happened when I was a kid, and we all had guns. WTF?????

2. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast Active Member

The signs were there ahead of time with this kid. His family contacted authorities WEEKS ago because he'd made videos about murder and suicide. Nothing came of it.
    That's where the problem is. Many of the people who have gone on killing sprees in recent years were ID'd as unstable ahead of time and nothing was done.

Ron Eagle Elk and Alex MacDonald like this.
  3. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

I can't expect people that have just lost their children to be rational, I know I'd be on the war path if something similar happened to people I cared deeply about.

On another note, his old man made outstanding money, and looking at where he went to school and what he drove, the young man was living a relatively high quality of life as well. To take out his youthful angst on random people because he wasn't getting showered in pussy is arrogant and weak.

Ron Eagle Elk and Alex MacDonald like this.
  4. Alex MacDonald

You know Terry, that may just be the problem: these people have never faced serious difficulties, adversity and such in their lives, so they get their panties in a wad over something as trivial as a sorority girl's snub. Life is full of storms. One minute you're basking in the sunshine; the next, you're in a tornado. It's what you do then, not the sunshine, that is for me the measure of a man. And this little piss ant certainly wasn't one. But HEY!! don't blame the piss ant, blame the instrument. People easily lose sight of who the real victims are in all this, and for the record-it ain't the little shit in the BMW. At least he did something right.

plaegreid and Ron Eagle Elk like this.
  5. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

Alex I will vote for the following "measure of a man":

"Life is full of storms. One minute you're basking in the sunshine; the next, you're in a tornado. It's what you do then, not the sunshine, that is for me the measure of a man."

Very well stated.

Jim Ficklin and constructeur like this.
  6. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Quite possibly. Life can deal some tough love to someone who has been coddled and protected from reality. More ammo for Michael "I've earned my place in heaven" Bloomberg and the anti-gun gang.

7. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

When I read the remarks of the grieving father of one of the victims, I thought, "uh oh, Alex is gonna rant." Not really, but I had a similar reaction. I figure the father is in a world of hurt, so I wouldn't hold him accountable just now for his remarks regarding gun control. Nobody wants mentally ill people to have access to firearms - or any weapons, since a knife was also used by this perp. Problem is, nobody knows how to keep weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill. Solve that and most of these events would go away. I'm just hoping that male virginity isn't becoming symptomatic of mass murder.

8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Some day spoons will be outlawed because a deviant could in about an hour sharpen a spoon by rubbing in on a sidewalk and turn it into a weapon, shoelaces in the wrong hands could be used to strangle someone& the list goes on. This is what the results are of not making people responsible for their actions!

freestoneangler likes this.
  9. Alex MacDonald

Moi?? SG, you villify me:D