This thread has happened before...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Burck, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Andrew Lawrence Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +100 / 0

For my own steelheading theme, I prefer Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms by Immortal . At least, during the winter / spring season. I have not yet decided on a theme for the summer / fall season.
  2. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,143 / 4
    Korpiklaani is good times! Beer Beer is my "need to get fired up in a hurry" song.

As far as I'm concerned the entire viking metal scene is topped by Mithotyn and Moonsorrow.
  3. skyrise Active Member

everett, wa.
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Gear rod, fly rod doesnt matter to me. have been fishing both for over 30 now and i go with what i feel like for the day.
    I own one spey rod (actually its a telephone pole, 14 ft cabelas) and it sits in the closet collecting dust .
    would love to take up the spey game but dont want to become a head up my ass fly guy.
    besides i would love to see a spey guy try to out fish a good gear guy when it comes to coho/chum/chinook.
    now have seen fly guys out do gear on steelhead on occasion, but not for the big tails.
    just my 2 cents, from Coach Z. hey dar fellars. consumate V's , I said, Consumate V's.
  4. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Moonsorrow and the views up the Sauk Valley, Skagit valley, and the Skykomish valley seems so very appropriate.

The grim and trve north in the Pacific Northwest and just for fun a steelhead on a two-hander :D
  5. Nick Clayton Active Member

Those pictures are tr00 and kvlt for sure!!!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Quorthon fishes the long rod and prefers the Skagit.

The fly that caught that fish should probably be named the frost-bitten
  6. LCnSac John or "LC"

Sacramento, CA
    Ratings: +136 / 1
    Little compares to a new fly fisherperson from Southern California. Always the latest fashion, color coordinated, and they get their vest dry cleaned. And now, always Spey. Always. High sierra five acre trout lake, Spey. Count on it. I have yet to try it because I don't wanna be a part of that scene.
  7. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    This thread is so boring.

I think im gonna figure out a better way to rig rubber worms. they love to rip off the hook you cast them.
  8. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,623 / 2
    Being the hippie you are, I don't expect you to understand this whole metal thing :)
  9. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +766 / 2
    I thought you were a punk rocker. Or maybe it was pun crock.
  10. Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

Happy Hour, WA
    Ratings: +374 / 1
    All that Hagar the Horrible behead-the-betrayers-of-Valhalla shit is cool and all, but here is a GREAT song and band to get you going when you are after Bavarian-strain brown trout. These videos were all shot between takes during filming of the Sound of Music...........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GBvLzHJ6mh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    I don't classify myself as anything. I love me some punk rock, but I have a full sleeve tattoo on my right arm with nothing but really grim norse mythology shit. I'm all over the place.

And my favorite band is Radiohead.
  12. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +411 / 0
    Terry only listens to Mogwai, and nothing that I do.....
  13. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    radiohead is soooo good though, the folk metal on the other hand i cant make sense of...

i wonder which boat would get more flak from the uptight spey caster, the boat blasting radio or the boat blassting irish folk metal
  14. Nick Clayton Active Member

Trust me, NOBODY messes with a boat blasting irish folk metal.
  15. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Exactly!... or Scandinavian folk metal, especially when it's me rollin' the two-hander and acting like a douche... or the single hander acting like a douche... or the gear rod acting like a douche. I think I see a trend here.. :D
  16. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Radiohead, you only listen to radiohead? Interestingly narrow.
  17. Nick Clayton Active Member

Oh there is no doubt that whenever I happen upon a two-hand rod wielding, Ensiferum listening douche I ALWAYS head the other way. I'm not low-holing that dude!

Meh, who am I kidding, if I was to come across someone like that on the river I'd be thrilled as hell and join right in.
  18. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +411 / 0
    We need to fish Chums again this fall. We didn't do that last year, and ah, not doing things sucks.
  19. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    In addition to Radiohead, I'm also a big fan of doing things.
  20. Yard Sale Active Member

The Hood
    Ratings: +142 / 0
    Recent data shows those standing in the front of drift boats (especially those drift boats with a mayfly sticker on the bow and a kid working the sticks) drifting glow bugs are the worst offenders. Don't even pull up their rig when drifting by then back row aggressively once they are 20' past. Time to put a copper tube fly on the 8 weight and take aim....YES, we can hook fish from the far shore too asshole! 15 mile float with maybe 10 boats on it and you can't surrender 100' of water? Weak sauce.