Thomas & Thomas Helix

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Tyler Speir, May 25, 2009.

1. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    This is a 10' 6wt Thomas & Thomas Helix that I built into a switch rod. All solid TICH guides w/ 4 strippers including a taimer system (2 stippers 4" apart) to reduce line slack, with under wraps. I used a struble U-40 cocobolo reel seat, and a flaming jungle cock feather inlay.
    This has got to be my personal favorite rod.
  2. Gorgefly Member

Washougal, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    That is one sweet stick man. I may end up getting a switch. Right now my new toy is a T&T 1307 spey. A canon! I am trying to figure out how to get the most out of it.

Nice work man.

Hope the biz is going well for you.

later
    Matt
  3. DCR Member

Tacoma, Wa.
    Nice work Tyler.

The cork work looks awesome.
  4. Jacob Peterson Member

Olympia, Washington
    ...........................................(silence can only discripe it, well words can, but not as well:thumb:)
  5. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Tyler, how did you get the red between the feet? Did you wrap that before doing the feet? Very nice looking rod! The best i've seen you do yet.....though i've seen only a handful, still the best!!!!!!!
    Frank.
  6. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Thanks Buck,
    The red is a under wrap that is done before you add the guide. If your going to try it out make sure you use a smaller thread size for the under wrap, and larger over.
  7. Tyler Speir Artist

Puyallup, WA
    Thanks Buck,
    The red is a under wrap that is done before you add the guide. If your going to try it out make sure you use a smaller thread size for the under wrap, and larger over.