Thread only for those planning to attend the Hoh Down in 4.5 months

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Burck, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    I'm for the week before that. School is out and Mrs Mumbles' birthday is in the last week. Again, I'm likely only in for the weekend, so as usual, my imput should not be relied upon for much.
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    Well, I don't bid vacation until Jan/Feb. So whatever dates you guys choose, I'll see if I can get that week. If not, I'll use a couple floating holidays and make it a 4 day trip. :)
  3. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +182 / 0
    sounds like you need to get your priorities straight!
    1. partying in the woods
    2. fishing for steelhead
    3. studying/family/everything elese
  4. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
  5. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +229 / 3
    Doesn't matter to me, I can get any dates off as long as they're in before requests are due. I'd likely be up for 2-3 nights (Thurs-sun) kind of thing. 3d weekend worked well last time.
  6. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
    I'm going to attempt to get an imperial stout started in the next week or so. Imperial stouts benefit greatly from proper aging, so I'm going to get it going as soon as I can go buy a bag of grain and have a day open to get it going.
  7. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    I'm with Matthew - IPA. I'll paypal the donation soon as we land on an amount and paypal information.\

edit -I will drink whatever is there. evan's the man!
  8. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    The donation amount is up to you guys. Some beers take more than others to make. I figure each pint will average about $0.75-$1.00 in material costs (malts, hops, yeast, propane, co2, etc). So however much you guys think is fair to donate, I'm fine with. I'm not looking to make a profit, or even really break even with this. Just requesting donations so that we can get more than I'd be able to afford on my own. If I end up with excess donations, I'm going to share them with Matt Smith, who is going to (I'm certain) be lending his brewing skills to the cause as well. We just want there to be lots of awesome beer ON TAP at camp. And what better beer than hand crafted stuff made just for you? If anyone wants the paypal info, just PM me.

So right now, Imperial Stout and IPA are getting the most love. I can definitely do up one of each. I make a good pale ale too, but I could probably pass that one on to Matt since he's made my recipe a few times and can most likely do it every bit as good as I can.
  9. Galpster New Member

Sammamish, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    uuh- what is this? And why haven't I received an invitation? I like beer. I like food. I can contribute to both.
  10. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Going to brew the Imperial Stout on Sunday! It's official, we have the first beer on the way.

I'm going to go with the IPA idea as well. However, I'm going to mix that suggestion with some of the other comments made. There's been a lot of support for IPA, and a lot of "it has to pass the flashlight test..." So I'm going to brew up my Cascadian Dark Ale, which is basically a black IPA. I personally really, really like my Cascadian Dark Ale recipe, and think it would be a better fit in the "sitting around the campfire" setting.
  11. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    SOLD. When we go eyeball to eyeball sometime soon I'll pass on some $$ for a fair share.
  12. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    You're on the short list of people that get a free ride
  13. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    So are the target Hoh Down dates looking like March 12-20 timeframe? That is two weekends around the third work week of March. I'm last on the list to choose vacation time, but I could get lucky.
  14. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Like I said, you guys figure out a date, and I'll try to work around it.

BTW, I may do something special for those of you on the float with me (or in my party of floaters) for lunch. Here's a preview of last week with some of my close friends on my yearly salmon trip. :)

[IMG]
  15. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    I believe Jerry or Scoones are the ones we should be asking about that.
  16. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  17. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Actually, I do believe we've always left this as a general consensus of the board. So whatever you guys opt for a date, is what we shoot for. I know I've missed a couple because of dates (and passing of family too), Chris has missed some as well with conflicting dates. No use lots of people missing it because of the few (I know life goes on without my food LOL).
  18. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    My vote stands for the final week+weekend of March. Don't want to put my finals in jeopardy.
  19. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    I'll defer to the crowd on the dates. We can do what we did last year and put up a few date ranges and put it to a vote.
  20. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    im also for the end of march. not sure what my work schedual will be around then.