Thule Canoe Carrier System

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mike Etgen, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New River Mike

If you already have the Thule rails installed and want the capability of carrying your canoe or kayak, please consider the #579 I have for sale. This system REQUIRES the Thule rails, which is why I'm selling it - my racks aren't the right size for this system.

Here's the link to the item on the Thule website:

http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=10&sku=579xt

The website states that the #579xt (illustrated) replaces the #579 I've got, which I purchased a little over a year ago. I'm guessing the difference is a ratcheting strap to replace the "friction-lock" version I have - but Thule could say for sure. I know mine has 2 straps, 4 gunwale stops, and 2 buckle protectors. It's still in the original box. I don't need mine any more as I've purchased a "Rail-N-Rack" system for my truck that doesn't accept the Thule system. I've only used two of the gunwale stops one time; the rest of it is absolutely unused.

Email questions or make me a reasonable offer. We can work out delivery if you're local to the Kitsap peninsula or negotiate the shipping. UPS or USPS shipping would likely be in the $5.00 - 6.00 dollar range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.