Tiger trout?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Greg Moore, May 18, 2002.

1. Greg Moore

Greg Moore New Member

Anyone fishing Lenice or Nunnally catch one of the planted "Tiger" trout yet? I've fished Lenice 5-6 times and have yet to see one. They are suppose to be more aggressive surface feeders but all i've caught are either rainbows or browns. :DUNNO

2. Joe

Joe Member

Yes, I went to Lenice in March and caught a 16" Tiger. I cast a chironomid nymph to a fish that was rising along the shore.

Joe

3. bugbitten

bugbitten New Member

When did you last fish Lenice? I want to go over on Tuesday, the 21st but haven't heard what's happening. If you have a current update on bugs,etc please advise. I went for the first time late March and hooked up browns and a couple of rainbow but nothing looked liked a Tiger. Hadn't heard about them until I started reading this forum. An update on Lenice would be appreciated.

4. Dan Reynolds

Dan Reynolds Member

Media:
    I have yet to see one there...

I do hear there is a loch ness monster swimming about...look out!

(That might explain the guy with the deflating float tube in the other posting...)

5. Preston

Preston Active Member

Week before last I caught four tiger trout at the west end of Lenice during the Callibaetis hatch. They were 14-15 inches long and all took a Callibaetis dun pattern. I've fished the same area during the same hatch several times since then without touching another one.