Today @ Dry Falls

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Ron McNeal, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    Water is down about a foot from Spring levels and, as a result, getting out is a bit of a muddy slog from the northern-most launch. Water temp @ about 64. Eight to ten guys on the water. Winds are manageable, but trying at times. Very few fish @ the surface. One stomach sample showed lots of blood worms & calibeatis nymphs. Except for a very few damsels, saw no bugs at all. I'm not the most accomplished bobberino, but have had some great success here in the past with Ira's brilliant blood worm pattern - not this trip........ Had lots of hits on a leech & an Olive Willie, but only brought four 8-9" bows to the net. Others (not all) did better than I did, but there was not much hooping & hollering @ Dry Falls. Even with my meager production, I just love fish'n here. Weather's been just about perfect...... Tomorrow, it's off to Chopaka. Life's good!!!
    Irafly, IveofIone and Jeff Dodd like this.
  2. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    Ron, I'm glad to hear you are getting out and enjoying your retirement. Keep up the good work!

I haven't been getting out much lately but today I did make the 11 minute drive down to the river and spent a couple of hours there chasing rainbows. I was rewarded with one 19" native that had me in the backing on one run! A hot fish in big water.

Ive
  3. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,033 / 1
    How deep did you fish? Last year at about the same time troutpocket and I found a lot of fish in the 20' zone at points. Now I tell you!
    troutpocket likes this.
  4. NW_flyfisher if it's not this, then what?

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I was one of the several guys out on this last Thursday at Dry Falls. Ron I may have spoke to you, were ypu in the yellow pontoon boat? I was in the red Renegade. Any way, I was with 2 other guys, we caught ours on a blood worm , black leech, and a small skud looking,hairs ear pattern my partner ties, some old pattern starting with the name Franklin. We all fished full sink lines. I saw several adult damsels, no rises for them and no damsel nymphs. no water boatman in site either. Average fish caught were 16 - 20" including a nice staulky 20" brown.
  5. Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Ratings: +202 / 0
    "Staulky"? That's a new one for this DF guy.