Tokul Creek?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by hopper, Dec 19, 2001.

1. hopper New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Has anyone been out to Tokul creek? Any fish out there?
  2. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Plenty of people that's for sure. Usually means there is something around to be caught. Go check it out!
  3. DW New Member

Snohomish, WA.
    Where's Tokul Creek, rainbows, browns??????
  4. guest Guest

Right out side of Fall City. Before Snoqualmie Falls.:CONFUSED
  5. hopper New Member

So I haven't really done my homework on this one, but is there access to tokul via normal roads or via Weyerhaeuser roads? Or both? What has anyone got into out there? I have fished a couple spots on the south fork fairly regularly for rainbow and it is pretty much hit and miss--with the biggest fish running around 11''. Any info would be great. Thanks.
  6. guest Guest

Take hiway 202 Out of Fall City heading toward the Falls. There will be a fish hatchery on your right. If you get there you've gone too far. Take any road off of 202 to the right. Like Fish Hatchery road and it will take you to the lower part of the creek were there is parking. The part of Tokul creek you are talking about is only open for a short way above the mouth to the fish hatchery. There is a restriction on the creek so be sure to read the regs. It is a little creek which can get a lot of pressure. :THUMBSUP
  7. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Well, to be fair I should warn you - Tokul Creek is not a fly fishing creek!! When people refer to Tokul Creek, they are usually talking about the general area where it flows into the snoqualmie.

The creek itself is a fast (ie white water the whole way) little slot a foot deep at the most (and about 10 to 15 ft across). It is lined with elbow to elbow drift fishers hoping to cram some yarn or bait into the mouth of a steelhead that is shooting up to the hatchery a few yards away.

The pool where the river flows in gets pretty packed with people as well. Explore the area, and you may find some solitude (or something close to it).

Trout fishing isn't great up there. SRCs are better fished for in the lower river. The rainbows are mostly young steelhead and should be left alone - they get enough from the bait fisherman.

-Chad
  8. flyflyaway Member

Issaquah, WA, USA.
    Chad is right. I was up there a couple weekends ago and there were roughly 3 dozen gear chuckers in the river and up the creek doing the drift thing exactly like he said. I heard there was one hookup (hatchery steelhead) but the whole thing made me yawn.....:SHOCKED