Tongas

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kf3er, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Kf3er

Kf3er New Member

I've always wanted to see the Tongas in Alaska. Can I get there by car? If so, can I haul a trailer in there? Gorp claims only float planes and boats. I hear there are big fish up there. Thanks

2. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

I've haven't been there, but I have done a little research. Did you know that there are forest service cabins for rent in the park? Many of them are positioned strategically on estuaries renowned for excellent salmon runs. Check out the website for Tongass National Forest to see a map of the cabins and to arrange rentals. You might also want to peruse the book "Fishing Alaska for Dollars a Day" by Christopher Batin for more information.

Good luck,
    ww

3. guest

guest Guest

There are some places in Alaska that you can't drive to and I think thay this is on of them. After looking at my map,yes Gorp is right. Jim S. :COOK

4. Kf3er

Kf3er New Member

Yes, I was aware of the cabins. in fact, this was one of the reasons I was interested. I'm "towing" 3 small kids and would rather drive than fly or boat. I just can't find any reliable info that says I can. Thanks.