TRADE T&T HORIZON or SAGE SP FOR RPLXI

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mtlhead, Aug 17, 2002.

1. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I've got a Sage 389-5 or T&T Horizon 486-4 that I will trade for a 690-3 or 790-3 RPLXI, There's even reels with the rods if you would have a set up to trade. One is a Lamson Lightspeed 1.5 and the other is a Lamson LP1.5 with an extra spool. both reels balance out nicely on both rods, so you pick the combo.
  2. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    Will also consider other salt water series rods
  3. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    Sorry, the T&T is a 864-4 not a 486-4 (8'6" 4 pc. 4 wt) the Sage is a 8'9" 5 pc 3 wt. w/ an extra tip.
  4. troutman101 Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    I have a 9'6" SP 8 weight that I would trade you...I am looking for a light backpack combo. I would do the Sage and Lamson for my rod.

Is this a good trade?
  5. DEREK New Member

Olympia, WA.
    How new is the sp? Did you send in the warranty card? I have an Rplxi 907-5 I don't need.
  6. troutman101 Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    The Flyrod was sold to me by the rep last year. It is a sweet rod but I only used it last year and this year for summer steelheading. I have 2 other rods at the same level and a couple of spey rods. I bought it because it was a great deal. As far as the warranty, it is a Sage and I have never had a problem with getting a replacement, I have never bought a Sage brand new but have broken them at least 4 times.

I would also be willing to trade a fly order with the rod for incentive... I can tie anything. I don't have a reel to trade but I would love to have the Lamson LS1.5. Give me a call...

206-292-6292

Tony
  7. DEREK New Member

Olympia, WA.
    Sorry for the confusion Troutman, but I was askinging about Mtlhead's sp.

Derek
  8. troutman101 Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
  9. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    Troutman,
    Lets wait and see what Derek comes back with. If he is after just the rod, maby we can figure out something on the reel?
  10. mtlhead Member

Concrete, WA, USA
    A 5 pc. would be allright, but does the 907-5 have a spare tip like the 389-5?
    What is the age and condition of the rod?
    Does it have any warranty?
    Is it just the rod, or is there a reel also? :HMMM