Transport ideas or wheel designs for my pram

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by yellowlab, Mar 19, 2009.

1. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    I field tested my PaddleBoy wide dolly yesterday and it performed well. Even my buddies big 15" diameter wheels were bogging down in the soft sand, so I didn't feel too bad. I might just hang onto the Paddleboy and look at buying another Wheeleez standard Kayak and Pram hauler, which has foam filled puncture proof tires. Its $120, and best of all folds up to clear the room in your boat.

Attached Files:

2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    Nice Paul!

I have a two wheel dolly that is damaged on the handle and near the handle on one side. I've kept it for some unkown reason until now. I'm gonna mount some long board to it so that I can strap it on like BigFun4Me's example only low budget version. When on land it will support my wide toon with straps. When on the water it will extend the back deck by sitting atop the toons. This creation is currently only in my mind, but when I get back from the Hoh I'll whip it up.

My fear now is that fishdontcare will have my rig at the Hoh, be into mad fish and forget to pick me up at the predetermined take out point. If that happens then I will end up having to hike my big ass toon out...dreadful nightmares about that!
  3. yellowlab Active Member

I wish I had the capability to weld aluminum, as I've got some ideas for all sorts of Marine and fishing products. I'd be in the workshop all day and night building stuff.
  4. Tom Bowden Active Member

Black Diamond, WA
    Ratings: +72 / 3
  5. Trout Master Active Member

Thw wheeleez worked great for transporting seadoos across sand and rocky beaches. Should work great for a pram.
  6. yellowlab Active Member

WOW, awesome Tom... very creative. Kudos to the detailed blueprints.