Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tribal netting

15K views 195 replies 39 participants last post by  Leopardbow 
#1 ·
Anyone know when they net the forks area rivers? Is there somewhere i can look to see when they do it?

#193 ·
I have to wonder if the decision by some committee members to vote against his corrupt power and lopsided favortisum to netters has anything to do with Jacobson trying to get his committee back under his control by getting rid of the people that don't go along with him? It was a big step in the right direction when the commision voted 65/35 in favor of sports fisherpersons. Sportsman have to unite even more now because the politicians can feel the heat and we can't loose ground now. It's time to push harder, get more involved and support the groups that are actually making progress.We have to increase sportsman numbers in organized groups rapidly now and make ours voices really heard. We don't have to accept what is being dished out right now. Write your elected politicians now on both committee down sizing and switching F&W enforcement to WSHP.

#194 ·
plus they elected that lady you like to the Chair position, which might help put a muzzle on Mr Net'nkill.
The Commission is real worried about how the public would perceive them if they cave in to OR and disregard the Fish Working Group's recommendations. On 28 Jan they specifically discussed the public input they were getting from sportsmen at the last meetings on this issue and how they would look if they caved in to OR.
This means that it makes a difference when you go and tell them what's on your mind. It has an effect on how they make policy decisions.

#195 ·
All this dialogue is good and educating many of us on this forum. We must keep hounding all those in positions that affect these issues and get involved with groups that can do more than the individual. Yet somehow we must get the general public more interested and involved. If it's just fishermen chasing after their own special interest of having fish to catch, we wont get far. CONSERVATION is the issue that must come to the forefront for us and the public. We need more articles in newspapers, more stories on local TV news, more stories on national levels also. This thing has to get BIG to make BIG things happen quick enough to save these fish. I wish I knew how to do that.

#196 ·
Allocation of the fisheries under the North of Falcon process, as far back as I know, never involved the sports fisherman or the public for that matter. Historically, it has always been between the co-managers of the resource, WDFW and the tribes only. This year, YOU have the opportunity for input. So if you really want to voice your opinion then go to the meetings. It is a bit late in the process this year, but you still have a chance.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/northfalcon/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.