Trick or Treat for Chum Dog Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Kerfwappie, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Kelvin, thanks, but my version of the "somewhat precious" pales in comparison to the properly tied "the precious". The rear 2/3 ice blue dubbing and front 1/3 black ice dubbing, silver rib, peacock breast wraps and overwing that Cougar97 does is much more eye catching. I'm hoping these will work, but I fear their durability will be an issue. Maybe I should tie you each an extra one.
  2. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +275 / 0

I agree you they do not look durable at all
    given that ...please tie me six or seven
    I will be happy to let some big nasty chum freight train and destory them
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I'll see what I can come up with. I have a few peacock breast feathers left. Better make a call to Swede for a resupply. Every time I tie with peacock breast I'm more amazed at how many colors it appears when the light hits the feather. Maybe I need a peacock farm, anyone know of any such local sources? Peacocks, you pluck'em?
  4. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    Hey, I am back on my feet but not fishing yet. I have to bum a trip as my wife doesn't want me out by myself for obvious reasons. I'm hoping to get out after some chums shortly. Even though I couldn't get flies tied, I have enough "chum lunch" flies to last a day or two and I'm dying to get out soon. I even gave some thought to going out on my boat with a downrigger. Now that's really desperate!
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Let me know if you want to head to this side. I know a place that gets crowded as hell, both in the water and all around it.
  6. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Kelvin's ties arrived today. Spectacular as always. I can't wait to get these beauties in the water. Hey Mumbles, I'll be around this weekend starting Friday if you want to meet up to hand off your flies. The sooner you get them to me, the sooner I can get them wet.
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Will do Kerfwappie.
  8. Zack Dudley Take em'

Port Orchard, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Geesh everyones flies are makin mine look like shit ha thanks guys! :( cant wait to get them and see how they perform!
  9. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA

desperate maybe ...but a fish on is a fish on
    Glad you are feeling better Steve!
  10. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    Guys, my flies will be in the mail by saturday at the latest. my wife went into preterm labor sunday night so I have been running around like crazy the last couple of days as she is in the hospital. So please forgive my tardiness...
  11. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Constructeur's flies arrived today. These little beauties are meticulously tied and sweet. No problem Eric, I'll wait for them. I hope all is well with the Mrs. and little one. Take your time, they're way more important for you to worry about than the fly swap. Soak up every wonderful memory you can.
  12. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    David's flies arrived today. Man, you guys are making my flies look pathetic. You all are in for a treat. Poor Chum Dog doesn't have a chance.
  13. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Daconil's flies arrived today. Very nice ties. We have just one more set to come in. As soon as I get them all photographed, I'll send them out so youse guys can start getting them properly wetted down.
  14. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Kerf et al.

My flies were sent out today. Sorry again for the delay! See below my contributions to the swap.

Eric
  15. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA

Cool but hows the wife and baby?
  16. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Thanks for asking Kelvin. Wife is now home and stable. baby is still cookin in there, which is good. unfortunately, wife is on strict bed rest for at least the next month or so which means I have become the butler, maid, chef, personal shopper and chauffeur. That said, things could be much worse so I am extremely thankful that everything is under control (as of right now at least!).
  17. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Glad to hear that everything is good Eric. Being able to tie up beautiful flies, keep the house running, and take good care of Mama makes you "Da Man". I look forward to fishing with your flies... especially now that they have a story with them.
  18. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +310 / 1
    Eric,

Sweet looking flies, I sincerely hope all goes well for you and your family.

God Bless,

Chris
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Great question, and much more important than some stupid flies.

Glad to hear all are well and you now are doing what you should have been doing all along! I don't envy the workload you'll be putting in, but have been there and done it. You will find great satisfaction in the ability to juggle about fifty things at once.

Here here! Here is to da man!:beer2: And the filies are damn good looking too.
  20. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    THANKS GUYS! seriously, i really appreciate the well wishes. Things are going fine and it looks like she might not be bed bound for the rest of the pregnancy after all, depending on how the next couple of weeks go..... sooo maybe I will get to wet some of these chum flies at some point after all!