"Tricked ou"t Airstream trailers.

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fredaevans, Oct 8, 2011.

1. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +118 / 0
  2. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Personally I'd rather own a Sprinter conversion van, because then I can still haul the boat.=)
  3. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Son-in-Law's company services Sprinter van-based ambulances. He is not impressed with them; lots of enginge issues and difficult access.
  4. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I would actually prefer one of the new Nissan NV vans to convert, but I figured most wouldn't know what they were...lol
  5. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +410 / 0
    Mitsu based Earth Cruiser > anything else. Aussie ingenuity, Japanese reliability, a reasonable price, and a world wide parts and service support system trump all.

[IMG]

http://www.earthcruiser.com.au/
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Lot of room on that rooftop for a 14' cataraft!
  7. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    I dunno Ed, Kym designed them to be all terrain capable, yet still just barely fit into a shipping container for multi continent journeys. If you had a rack and a boat on you'd have to ro-ro ( roll on roll off) ship them between destinations. I'm not a very materialistic person, but these rigs are pretty damn sweet.

[IMG]
  8. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +133 / 0
  9. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    That's what I am talking about! That thing is burger, fries, soft drink, AND apple turnover...NICE
  10. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Yeah man, whatever....
  11. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +230 / 3
  12. Benjy Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    That guy lived across the street from me in Missoula.
  13. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    All be it years ago on an extended trip to New Zealand ... the 'ex' tripped out camping vans out of Japan was a total 'Wooozer.' Japanese have some very interesting 'laws' on vehicle maintenance (or did then; now?). Bottom line was after 5 years (or sum such) you had to have the thing re-built ... darned near from the ground up. End game was it just wasn't worth the money; go get another one.

Some entrepreneur in NZ knew a good deal when he saw one. Would buy these up for "pennies on the dollar," have them shipped to NZ and converted them from rights side steering to left (ya-ya, they drive on the wrong side of the road). At the time you could pat 30-40 grand for a VW Van-a-gone .... or 5-7 K for one of these.

Don't know if the units are still being built, if so and intro'ed into the US they would turn our RV industry on its head.
    fae
  14. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    I am make a quick connect roof rack system for that rig. For the cataraft I'm thinking a set of ramps that retract into just below the roof, lined with strips of UHMW to winch that cat up on top slick as shit. Roof rack rod holders-a-plenty, no problem.
  15. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
  16. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Now that's one cool rig!
    Fred