Trouble Logging Into Gallery

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by seekm, Mar 30, 2012.

1. seekm chris

edmonds
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I guess the thread topic says it all. I get an invalid login prompt when I try to log in to the gallery. I followed the login problems link and cleared the cookies identified but I still can't login.

Thanks in advance for your help/time.

Chris
  2. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +293 / 0
    Hi Chris.

It's on my radar. Haven't found the issue but I'm working it and will status here as that progresses.

If you would, please note the browser that you're using to access WFF that's having issues.

Thanks,
    Chris
  3. seekm chris

edmonds
    Thanks for the quick response, Chris.

I'm using IE9.
  4. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    Ratings: +128 / 0
    How's it going on the Gallery, Chris.? I noted that with FF on Win XP or Linux, I can't get logged on. The members list doesn't have me. The member list only has 5 users that begin with P.
  5. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Yeah, something is up. I'm aware of it and working it.
  6. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
  7. seekm chris

edmonds
    yeah it's weird. I tried to login again and had the same problem, so I went back and followed the login problems link again, hit clear cookies, and this time it left 4 that it identified as being problematic.
  8. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    A problem with the scope of the login variables so they are not getting passed between program sections?
  9. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Yeah, but that was fixed. It's likely the bad cookies from prior to the fix. Try removing them here and then logout / login from the forum again.
  10. Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Yakima, WA.
    What forum software are you running? I don't recognize it.

Deleting the cookies didn't help with Firefox and Linux.
  11. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    will take this offline with you, Paul. Need to test with your account.
  12. Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Whitefish, MT
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    I'm having the same problem. I can log in to the forum, but not the gallery. I've tried it at work (using explorer) and from home, (firefox).
  13. seekm chris

edmonds
    Thanks for fixing the problem. If I sign in on the forum and then go to the gallery I am logged into the gallery. This works regardless of whether I am using IE or chrome.

As an aside, if I try to log in to the gallery directly I get the invalid log in notice. As a practical matter it doesn't matter but I thought you might want to know.

Thanks again.