Trout Bum Diaries revisisted...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Roper, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +796 / 1
    Digging through the DVD's this weekend I came across the two TBD films. It was fun to visit that again and it sparked some reactions I didn't expect. First I'm now more aware than ever that I'm not a true trout bum type. I don't live, eat, and breath fishing. I do however really enjoy fishing on many levels. I know I don't really like tying flys anymore either. I sat down the last few days and tried simple patterns with minimal success. I'm tempted now to sell the whole collection of tying equipment and materials and simply buy the flys I need.

The one reaction that's interesting is a renewed interest in video production. Nothing full blown professional but the hobby version of what's available is fairly high tech with decent HD quality. Now I'm not talking the fisheyed GoPro stuff, that bugs the daylights out of me. I have an older digital video camera that uses tapes and it had decent picture quality. I'm considering the newer technology of cards and hard drives. If anyone is currently playing with one of these I'd be glad to chat offline about your experiences so far.

Lastly, does anyone know where Ryan is these days...? I'd like to look him up.

Roper
  2. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +887 / 1