Trout Dry fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Scott Behn, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Icanfly

Icanfly aka Matt

I'm halfway done, probably get them in the mail in a day or two :beer1:

2. cmtundra

cmtundra New Member

These Wulff's are kicking my a$$. I'll be done on time though. I wanted a challenge, and I guess I got it. My practice #12's & #14's went pretty well, but I'm tying #16's for the swap. That's when things got harder for this amateur. Oh well, all in good fun...just gotta run & buy yet another batch of ginger hackle. :beathead:

3. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Willy, got your Madam X's today in the mail...some sexy bitches I would say...LOL!!!!!!

:thumb:

4. Icanfly

Icanfly aka Matt

Briar Rabbit to Mother Goose...the package is in the mail....uh, nevermind, but seriously it is in the mail. Should be to you in a day or two. :thumb:

5. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Cool looking Caddis bugs there Icanfly...just got them Sat.

I think I need only 3 more flies and then we'll have'em all, lets keep it going fellas...

:cool:

6. Icanfly

Icanfly aka Matt

Thanks Scott. They kicked a#$ two weeks ago in the evening at the Yak. Probably hooked 20 or so in about 2 hours on them. :thumb:

7. Flyn'dutchman

Flyn'dutchman Member

They are finally done! Now I remember why I don't fish small drys. They are soooooo time consuming to tie. Practice makes better though. Will be in the mail in the AM. Oh yeah it is AM. So much for sleep. Going fishing in the morning. (When it gets light that is) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. cmtundra

cmtundra New Member

The flies have flown. Well, they'll go out in this mornings mail (Fri). You should get them by Sat. I had to tie 2 different sizes since my local dealers ran out of the hackle & hooks I needed for the #16's. So, half are 12's and half are 16's. C'ya!! :beer2:

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

This has nothing to do with this swap but it was something I came across in my search on how to tie a Madam X Parachute. I was searching the web on/for instructions and was in google and it referenced this site with this thread. So be careful out there because your comments are nation wide.

Jim

10. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Okay folks I have 5 sets in hand...dutchman and tundra are on their way...D3 whats up with yours? On their way or have you not sent them yet?
    Depending on D3, I plan on mailing these guys out on Monday.

:eek:

11. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

they are on the way.... you should get them today or tomorrow..

12. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Okay folks got all the flies, David your's arrived today in fine shape. I'll be mailing these out tomorrow and hopefully everyone gets their flies by week's end. Does anybody have the know-how on posting pics in the gallery? If somebody does could you please take some pics for us and post them.

I have included both patterns of the Sofa Pillow...the original and the improved variation, enjoy!!!!

thanks to all who participated the flies look awesome and I enjoyed the swap.

:beer2:

13. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

I would but i drowned another digital this weekend.

14. cmtundra

cmtundra New Member

Thanks Scott for putting this all together. Sorry, I can't be much help with the picture taking end of things. That's something I need to take some time and figure out myself.

Thanks again.

15. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

thanks Scott... sorry they got there late.
    My picture taking ability is very poor so unless i figure out how to do it, i prolly should not be the one..
    Thanks for hosting
    david

16. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Scott,

I guess I can take a stab at the pictures if that's okay with everyone.

REE

17. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

hey ron, help me out and make mine look rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally good.

18. cmtundra

cmtundra New Member

No problem with me who does the pics. I don't even care too much about the pics to be honest. I'll be getting the real flies in my hot little hands & I can look at them all I want then.

But alas, I suppose for the sake of posterity that pictures are the accepted thing to do.

19. Flyn'dutchman

Flyn'dutchman Member

Ron did a great job with the Tax Day Swap. My vote goes to him for the picture taking. :thumb: :thumb:

20. Ron Eagle Elk

Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Wooooohoooo! Got the flies today. Superb job by one and all. I'll get the pics done this evening, hopefully, and try to get them posted in the AM.

Scott, thanks for running a first class swap.

REE