Trout lake (King County) inquiry

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Eyejuggler, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    My first post in the Stillwater forum as I am usually prowling the beaches, however I have been reading (Tim Lockharts book 2x :) and tying and feel like I am ready to try a new aspect of fly fishing
    Never having fly fished in lakes, I want to hit something close to home and a lake that as a kid, I caught some really nice fish trolling a flatfish and hucking marshmallows.
    I know beach protocol is hush hush, so I hope I am not violating any rules here but if you are familiar with this body of water, please drop me a PM (conversation) if you have any thoughts. :cool:
    Granted, I could drive to several specialized fishery lakes in my area but with float tube in hand I was hoping to get my skills dialled close to home.
    Gonna hit it tomorrow morningish regardless :)
    Thanks in advance and I am definitely psyched to expand my skill set.
    Cheers
    Dave

To add life to a generic inquiry post, please enjoy an image of my Lab Jumar getting psyched in the Snake River in mid July.

[​IMG]

2. Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor Lue Taylor/dbfly

I would try something in Olive size 12 like a non weighted woolly worm using a full sink

3. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

You could look at the planting reports if you plan to hit a put and take fishery. That would give you a good idea of some spots to hit.

MB

Eyejuggler and Kcahill like this.
  4. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

This, there are a lot of lakes listed on those reports that aren't talked about to much that put out a lot of fish. Even a 12-14" stocker is a lot of fun on a 4wt. Right now I am having a lot of luck with a size 12 dragonfly nymph(anything size 12 olive soft hackle will work) in the south sound area lakes cast to shore and stripped back with quick long strips.

I am leaving Sunday for a couple of weeks of sun and tropical fish but if you want to fish before or after that we can arrange something.

KC

Eyejuggler likes this.
  5. Eyejuggler

Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Media:
    Home Page:
    Good tips, thank you!
    This is just a shakedown for me, need to get my SW game on. But yes that would be cool, we can connect after your fun in the sun :)