Trout Pod Up In Winter Video

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Broderick Smith, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Broderick Smith

Broderick Smith SeaToTree

Finally reset my PW so I can post and not just read on here...
    I was out fishing with some pals last month for trout, there was a lot of snow on the ground, and it was cold. We moved around, hits lot of water, and dabbled in the whiskey until we finally found a great hole with great fish...lots of them. I'd hooked up with quite a few so I decided to put my camera under water. I didn't watch the video until I was back that night but was blown away, there were ALOT of bows hanging out together in this hole, and you could not see then from above (see video below). I typically always find the trout pod up together in the winter (when I hook one I make sure to fish the water well...), but always curious WHY they pod up like this. I haven't bothered to search the forum for an answer, so I'll do that when I have some time, but either way thought you'd appreciate the video below:

2. rory

rory Go Outside

Nice video. I like that you can see all of the stuff flowing downstream.

3. jjaims

jjaims Make fishin’ your mission

Stop lying that was the trout pool at the fair!

4. Broderick Smith

Broderick Smith SeaToTree

I wish! That video ruined me, you know how many times I stick my hand and camera into a freezing hole hoping for the same results...too many.

5. Alosa

Alosa Active Member

There's so much potential here it's hard to know where to begin.....

Broderick Smith likes this.
  6. rainbow

rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Ha Ha, I could dabble. I don't think I could that bad boy in there, anything less then warm. Let alone my hand too,

7. I think they pod up because their habitat needs merge at that time, and there's only so many places that scratch that itch just the right way.