True 5 or 6wt switch/spey recommendations?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by Jordan Simpson, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,215 / 4
    I sold off an a.r.e. 12' 5/6 not long ago. Bought it for playing around on a couple trips last summer. Don't let the cheap price fool you, these are pretty darn nic me rods for the money. Plus if you decide it wont work for your needs you're not out an arm and a leg.
  2. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Anglers Roost rod. I've heard it's a fun rod and sounds perfect for what I want to use it for (1-3lb bulls- nothing massive).
    And yeah, at that price, I wont feel bad if I don't like it and decide to sell it off.

Thanks everyone for helping me out!
  3. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Does anyone have any experience with the Anglers Roost speys?
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,471 / 9
  5. Stickel.back Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    DUDE. I picked up a Echo sr 10'10'' 6wt and lined it up with an Airflo 420 grain skagit switch. This combo really kicks, and for 325$ for the rod, its hard to beat. Perfect size for bulls and some of the smaller steelhead streams that I frequent up here in B.C.. Surprisingly, I can chuck 12' of T-14 on it, not that gracefully though!
  6. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Hey Stickle.Back, welcome to the forum- it's always nice to get another Canuck on this forum (I think there's only a handful of us...). I've actually just scored a whole kit from another forum member (Amundson 11' 3/4wt with a Hardy Uniqua) for a killer price that matches about the amount of use it will see. This set up is going to pretty much be my Squamish River bull set up for the chum fry hatch, which I take it and expect that you will be targeting too in a month or so.