True wild steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by KerryS, May 11, 2007.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

2. Mark Bové

Mark Bové Chasin tail

That river sucks... dont fish it...

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Not the Salmonberry!:mad: Truly, nothing is sacred.

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Cool video. Ya and don't fish there.

5. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

The section of river shown in the video is closed to fishing, any kind, always. Ease up.

6. gt

gt Active Member

when you park your car next to the railroad tracks and start your hike up river, listen carefully for the banjo music. a guarantee that everything you choose to leave in your vehicle will be gone when you come back. BTDT! be careful out there :ray1:

7. greyghost

greyghost Member

Yeah, besides that it is a long drive from anywhere, it has very limited good swing water, the fish are very spooky if the water is clear, there are no roads (park at mouth walk railroad tracks) the first few miles are fairly crowded during primetime these days, and it's tough water to fish. It's a cool experience, but nobody is gonna go in there and put up big numbers. Last time I fished it, there were approx. 30 cars parked at the mouth, I walked the entire open stretch of river and hooked 1 fish. Nobody else I had talked to that day had landed a fish.

Pete

8. Mark Bové

Mark Bové Chasin tail

Only 30 cars!! I found 60 last time and a hundred gear guys with giant trebles for snagging, gaffs for landing, and weapons of mass destruction to fend off flyfishers in there spots. It is a place where I feared for my very life. :rofl:

9. greyghost

greyghost Member

No, seriously 30 cars on the lower end..... it's no secret......plenty of fly guys and C&R gear fisherman, it was too crowded for my liking. Lots and lots of roadside stuff around with less people.

Pete

10. Mark Bové

Mark Bové Chasin tail

Wierd I had fun when I went... the end... God when are my beloved steelhead going to be in the rivers again???

11. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

The salmonberry aint big enough to be on the news :( Love them train tracks, wish the river was open for src's