Trying out some custom bamboo rods, interested?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by golfman65, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    I am basically in for Saturday only now, and that is tenuous. I will know for sure tomorrow one way or another, but I may have to work this weekend, so don't count on me for lodging. I can pitch in some $$ though to cover whatever is needed.
  2. Courtesy Flush aka Sean

West Seattle
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Yeah, classic dumb and dumber.... but worth the excitement. Next time, we'll switch into four wheel drive a little sooner.
  3. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    yep. we were very smrt with that. not sure it was worth the excitement, i would rather have been excited with a flash of steel, not the brown streaks in my shorts.
  4. sctarrant New Member

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Did I mention that I was bummed at the possibility of missing this event?? I also want to be responsible and safe. Just let me know what you guys decide so I can make arrangements by Friday morning.

Thanks,
    Scott
  5. CaneCaster Member

North Vancouver, BC
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Salmo. Right on. Things should be good weather wise and as far as the river level goes.... hey if it's high, I'll gladly fish the margins and pockets :)
    Scott, you should still plan to come, we may not get another chance anytime soon. Do you want me to give you a call/text with conditions on Friday afternoon? If you still have reserves on the cabin let me know.
    Eric still hoping you can make it sat/sunday.

Golfman, Nooksack, Chris, FlyinFish, etc. Hope to meet you guy sometime this weekend.
    Cheers.
    James
  6. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Sean, you gonna roll up with me if I can make it?
  7. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
  8. CaneCaster Member

North Vancouver, BC
    Eric... That's awesome!
    Should be a good one!
    Just got off the phone with a buddy about planning a 10 day trip in march so i am all steelhead jazzed right now.... even more than normal?
  9. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Nice James! Where you heading?
  10. CaneCaster Member

North Vancouver, BC
    it will be mostly in the north of vancouver island. Myself and and Brian will head up there for a bit more than a week.... i did some scouting this summer. Pumped. Hopefully we can hit it after a big, multi day rain event and get the drop and a good push of freshies for a few days in a row... that would be stellar!
  11. CaneCaster Member

North Vancouver, BC
    Eric.
    Those links to river levels are awesome, thanx.
    Are the "forecasted" levels generally accurate??? if so we will be seeing lower than normal flows and still on the drop?
  12. Courtesy Flush aka Sean

West Seattle
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Can't make it Saturday but will be there Sunday if you guys are still around.
  13. sctarrant New Member

Portland, OR
    James I hear ya. Not an opportunity I want to miss. I'll do my best to make it up. Trying to get back from the south coast today with numerous road closures. I still have the cabin reserved and one night paid.
  14. sctarrant New Member

Portland, OR
    And just to be sure....I'm picking up a case of Ninkasi Brewing Total Domination IPA 22's.....oh yeah....
  15. Chris DeLeone Active Member

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +90 / 0
    It seems like many of us will want to do some fishing on Saturday - So what time frame is this going to happen. If all works out I will be up there - but a ways out of Rockport.

Thanks Chris
  16. CaneCaster Member

North Vancouver, BC
    Don't really have a time frame for ya Chris.... this is kinda an unorganized event :)

i would imagine i will be around the camp for most of the day Saturday from about 11am thru till dark. I may try to get first swing on whatever water i can find in the early am, then back to camp.

Scott..... awesome!
    J.
  17. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    We can plan on meeting around 12:30 or 1 at HMSH park to give people the morning to do some fishing...

Lunch, beers and bamboo for the afternoon.
  18. CaneCaster Member

North Vancouver, BC
    Not just a hat rack.... eh Eric :)

Sounds like a good idea. I will be there by 12 noon.
  19. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
  20. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    I hope to head out Saturday and will be up your way! I'll plan to stop by in the afternoon some time. That is if the roads seem doable and the river levels are too. But at this point things look like they might work!