Tucannon River

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Fly rod, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Fly rod New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hi guys and gals,
    I have only lived in Washington For about 1 1/2 years. I was reading the fish and game weekend report and it said the Tucannon was a decent place to seek steelhead. I know the area a little and would like suggestions as to where to try and what patterns to use.
    Thank you for your time
    Flyrod :THUMBSUP
  2. cal257 New Member

The Tucannon is a good place to steelhead fish. It usally fishes pretty good until late March depending on how high you can go on the river. A good place to start is right where the Tucannon flows into the Snake. This is a good holding area for fish, the only problem is that it gets pounded by bait fishermen. The further you go up the less pressure there is. There are a few other rivers in the area that offer better fishing opportunities for steelhead. The Touchet River and the Walla Walla river. The Touchet flows into the Walla Walla near the town of Touchet and good fishing can be found anywhere along the river. Especially now!!! A friend of mine just recently had a 6 fish day. He was using a drift boat on the Walla Walla and put in near the town of touchet. Any of the basic patters will work... Good Luck!!

Cal
  3. Fly rod New Member

Thanks Cal
    The touchet and Walla Walla are a lot closer for me to get to
    Fly Rod :THUMBSUP