tucquala Lake??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JasonG, May 22, 2013.

1. JasonG Active Member

Issaquah Wa
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Im going Camping with the family this thrusday - Sat . We are going up near Tucquala Lake. Im going to bring my fishing gear to check out the lake. Has anybody been up there? Should I even bother to bring my gear? Thanks Jason
  2. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +973 / 1
    Weather in Moses Lake is kinda cold. The Cascades should be colder.
  3. Billy McFly Active Member

Edmonds WA
    Ratings: +63 / 0
  4. Phil Fravel Friendly

Bonney Lake
    Ratings: +96 / 0
    Ya I have a friend who fishes it often and does well. Manly trolling leach imitations
  5. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +141 / 0
    Bear in mind that it's not really a lake. It's just a marshy area on the Cle Elum River. I've had fun in the past catching brookies on dries, though.
  6. LJ Low Tech Lo

Bellevue
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Is that the lake way up the end of the road past the Cooper River turnoff? I tried going up there last September and the road was AWFUL! I drive a pretty sturdy VW van and the ruts and holes had me going about 3 miles an hour. I finally stopped a car coming back down and asked what the road was like the rest of the way and they said it was just as bad so I turned around and fished Cooper instead. I'd think that even if the snow is off up there the road would still be a mess. Don't suppose anyone has had a chance to clear off down trees, branches, etc. Good luck if you try to get up there. Cooper, if the road is snow free has camping and some nice fish - browns, bows and brookies. Maybe a better bet.

Have fun!
  7. Joe Goodfellow Active Member

DES moines wa
    Ratings: +118 / 0
    You won't make it up this early still lots of snow. I doubt you'll make to the houses this early. The guy who runs the campsites is way cool. He camps by the creek you have to drive thru. He showed me some old school flies that work best up there.
  8. bozo New Member

Carnation, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    We were up there on our dirt bikes on Sunday. Looks passable with a slowly driven car. Road was clear for several miles past the houses to within about a half-mile to mile of the lake when we were stopped by snow. Thought about walking the rest of the way in but it was getting late so turned around and went and got pizza in Roslyn instead.
  9. teedub Active Member

Cle Elum
    Ratings: +98 / 0
    We had a bit of snow above 3,000' over the last few nights and it has been in the mid thirties at 2,500' so what they saw lst Sunday may look different today.
  10. bakerite Active Member

Baker City Oregon
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    I was up there for memorial day years ago......we walked the last mile or so. Had the campground to ourselves and even survived a quick (and I mean quick) swim. I don't think I caught any fish, but saw a bear and had a great time!