Tuna Charters

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by seanengman, Sep 12, 2011.

1. seanengman Trout have no politics

davenport, wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I know this is a tidge off topic, but I really have the urge to go out a have a tuna blood-bath. Are there any recommendations for a charter for Albies out of Washington? I have been strongly considering "Express Tuna Charters" out of Westport. Also, what can one expect from a day as far pounds of fish in the cooler?

Thanks

Sean
  2. Joepa Joe from PA

I can't really help you regarding a charter for a quality fly fishing tuna experience, but if you're really impelled to seek a "blood-bath", meat heaping, bonk fest outing you may want to consider posting over on the bloodydecks forum. Lots of cooler carnage over there.
  3. Calico Keta Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Sorry, nothing for WA but if you are willing to go down to Oregon, Newport Tradewinds was a good outfit, we did a trip with them a few years ago(Sea Venture) and came home with300 lbs of tuna we donated to the food bank.
    They have 12,18 and 33 Hr trips and the price is a bit cheaper.
  4. seanengman Trout have no politics

davenport, wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    As far as Oregon goes, do you need an Oregon license to bring the fish back to port? Also, what trip did you do?

Cheers

Sean
  5. Calico Keta Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    yes,
    If you are doing a day trip just get a one day lic from the charter guys, pretty cheap- under $20