Turkey Cast And Blast

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by WABOWMAN, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Im making plans for a thunderchicken cast and blast(ARROW).I will be headed to the Teanaway drainage which is close enough for a couple hour trip to the yak or just fish the Teanaway.Who else has some Turk,cast and blast plans?

ribka likes this.
  2. I've got the blast part figured out April 20-22 in the Methow. Now if a certain year around lake is ice free, I will be doing the cast part as well! Rick

3. I should be able to limp up to the blind for the turkeys on the opener, then out to Fish Lake in the boat for some triploids!

WABOWMAN likes this.
  4. Spring Turkey season closes before the Teanaway opens.

5. Kettle Falls for turkey then down to Sprague

taking my recurve.

WABOWMAN and Guy Gregory like this.
  6. was up there last weekend shed hunting. Saw Turkey sign and a few jakes, hens and one decent Tom. Suggest get in there early and hike in at least a mile.

Hint- many turkeys taken between 1100 and 1200 hrs ( later in the morning)

Good luck!

7. Thank You Patrick,I havnt even looked at that.

8. Klickitat area and then down to the Columbia for smallies or walleye.

9. Heard some gobblers up behind the house the other day!

10. went to teanaway last weekend zoo is definitely the word for all of the hunters we saw. talked to a lot of hunters too, nobody even heard a bird. We got away from the crowd, heard two birds in different areas, but houses.

11. ironically enough had to get out of my truck on the way to work this morning to shoo a young Tom off of the road so I did not hit him. That guy's hormones apparently had control of his mind (hens)

Hope he makes it unscathed through the season. I remember being in shoes. ( Jr year of high school). maybe getting sentimental but think should at the very least experience one's first love in your life before going off to your maker. Lol

Upton O likes this.
  12. Oh yesss..... Hormones!! That's what got me into my first marriage (BIG mistake!)

13. I tried a Cast & Blast last week but had to post the report in the stillwater section as I saw zero birds. The only ones I even heard were behind a house across the road from Blue Lake. I hunted areas just south of Republic, and a couple of areas in the Okanogan NF. All places had birds last Fall. Go figure.