Turning Wood Inserts - Know Anybody?

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by fishmaster, Feb 15, 2007.

1. fishmaster New Member

Issaquah
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have some beautiful unturned wood that I would like somebody to turn for me into wood inserts for Struble/Bellinger reelseat components. Does anyone know somebody that does this?
  2. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    You might check with Steve Moran. I think he is in Spokane. If you just google Steve Moran flyrods you'll get his site. I got one of his custom rods for a retirement present. He makes the handles out of exotic woods and does reel seats as well. He does beautiful work.
  3. martinrjensen BambooBoy

Seattle, WA
    So my motor on my late quit. If it's just a capacitor I may have this running in a few days. If I have to replace the motor (I ordered one) I won't get it for over a month!
    martin. Call em if you have any questions.
  4. riverdog Member

Chehalis, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I have a lathe, and turn my own reel seats. What kind of wood do you have, and what arrangements do you have in mind--pay by the seat, or trade for some of the wood?

Email me if you are interested. jatoynbee@hotmail.com
  5. martinrjensen BambooBoy

Seattle, WA
    So I "finally" got my lathe back up and running. If you are still interested in doing this let me know. Note that I will be headed to Alaska for a month in a few weeks too.
    martin

6. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    If you still need someone to turn that for you, I can.

PM me for my phone number if you want to...
  7. bhudda heffe'

basement
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    ive personally seen some of Ropers work and it is GRADE A!!! you should take him up on this!
  8. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    A few years ago, members of my fly club were demo-ing fly tying and bamboo rod building at a local crafts fair. Halfway across the room, someone else was displaying his beautiful homemade waterfowl and varmit calls, made from many exotic woods. I invited him over to see what fancy wood reel seat barrels were about. It was a whole new craft to him. Do you know any call makers?
  9. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Here's a sample of seats I've turned...
  10. yuhina Tropical member

Boston-Idaho
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    PROFESSIONAL!