Two Handed Gathering on the Beach

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ed Call, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Media:
    Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Larry we need to go to Fall City or Ben Howard on the weekends to get some training. I have watched my son use his spey on the Deschutes and it's a beautiful thing. I took one class but then got sick and since it was a begnner class it didn't have too much great casting. I
    did see my son catch a nice hen steelhead on that trip. Try going to You tube and look up spey fishing or casting, there are some great videos there. We just need to get at it because you can use these casts for regular fishinig. Bob

2. Bob Jones

Media:
    Larry go to the spey clave postings and look at the one titled 'not to bad ......for a girl' Bob

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Yes Bob, you should try to make one of those at Fall City. You get expert training from a expert spey caster. All for free, so you can't beat that. Besides at Aaron's classes there is a great number of expert casters there. That will help you over all your stupid mistakes that you picked up from a video on spey casting.

I tried it all for a while but the cost kept me down. Not a sport for a retired living on a fixed income.

4. Bob Jones

Media:
    OMJ Yeah I'm in the same boat income wise. Luckily i got my steelhead set up some time back and then when i was given a spey rod for Christmast 2 years ago my steelhead reel was suitable for that too. i was really lucky in that the reel was discontinued but that there were extra spools available so it was just the cost of the spools and lines I had to scrape up. Now I have to keep telling myself I have enough stuff I just need to go fishing when I can. Have a a good winter I'm sure we'll chat at other times on the forum, take care Bob