Tying the GStone- for you BobL !

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by Davy, May 10, 2005.

1. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Such as it is, I hope these pics correspond to the recipe.

davy

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I'm not gonna knock these pictures but. If you could say along each one what you are doing it would help alot. You know besides the recipe, the telling how you did it. Words speak louder than just pictures.

Just asking as I don't do to good with just the picture.

Jim

3. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Pictures don't work fer you anymore Jim? You are gettin old ain't you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :beer2:

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Why are you still up. Don't you need you beauty sleep :rofl: :rofl: .Maybe a few more of these will help :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Jim

5. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    I slept a cpl hours earlier in the evening, back tyin now

6. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Apparently what I had hoped :( ,,, didn't. In the first picture the hook has been smashed down ,the bead threaded on the hook and set in the vice ........ handle that one Jim? Let me know when you got that technique down pat !. We will then move onto the 2nd picture. :confused: :rofl: :confused: :rofl: :confused: :cool:

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    First BobL picks on me and now you. Is it ever going to end :( . You guys have to be nicer to me as I'm getting on in years and won't be here forever. :p

Jim :(

8. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Not to be critical Jim, and I really ain't pickin on you. But in what picture do you "not" understand what is going on? Your right the text would help, "but" ; seems to me unless you are literally a pure beginner it is pretty self explanatary and elementary. If one was a pure beginner then this fly pattern probably ain't the one to start with anyway.

But your right , I think I will have another :beer2: ptyd maybe one after that too. :thumb: you can drive over and join me, help me not to forget to turn the hook over. You know ,like ? " Davy, turn the hook over, you idiot " or whatever other choice term of endearment you often use with me.

thanks again for the periwinkles !!! Last word I heard was every river in NoCal is blown out- hope that means it will be nice by the time we get there.

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I understand the pictures,but what size lead are you using on the wrap of the hook and what size hook are you using. Also when you do different postings on the pictures and the recipe. It is hard to follow. I don't have a printer at the moment so I can't really print anything out. Granddaughter used up all my ink :( :( .

Jim

10. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Hey Jim !!! take another look at the pics- it's magic !!! #6,8,10- 2 or 3 extra long (9672ish)

11. Trevor

Trevor New Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    So Davy, how long did all that take start to finish?

12. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    finish you say? :rofl: Thats a good one Trevor = If Old Man don't stop #%#&#@ I will never be finished ! :rofl:

About 2 hours I would say actually, if everything was "ok" the first time and met everyones approval, LOL :thumb:

To date I think I am going on about 36 hours with this one, thanks Jim !!! Let me know of any changes that need to be made, huh? :thumb: :beer2:

gotta go make a drink ,

davy

13. Trevor

Trevor New Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    You tie flies like Julia Childs cooks... Just a bit more sherry...
    :rofl: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :rofl:

14. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Nice Job Davy,
    That was allot of work put into one fly! We all can appreciate your effort. :beer2: Nice job on the photo's too. I liked steps 6 and 9...

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Hey Davy,I second the nice job except your choice of colors suck :p . Yellow doesn't show up to good for these old eyes. bawling:

I'm not razzing him just doing this because I know and like him ptyd ptyd ptyd . I think that the second smilie is me after a few drinks bawling:

Jim :beathead:

16. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    I'll be sure to get right on those changes again Jim ! :beer1:

17. Davy

Davy Active Member

Media:
    Ok, :ray1: just forthe %$%&#$ record; I do not want people to get the wrong impression

I think the world of Jim (old man), for those of you that don't know him, he has forgotten more than most of us will ever learn about flyfishing and our local streams and lakes in our and our kids lifetimes. It would be prudent to shut up and listen "every" time he "ever" pontificates.

Preferably though he would "shut up" , :thumb: :( , sorry couldn't resist that shot;that was like a crippled Pintail flyin into the blind.

He hates it when it (ever" ???) gets said, but I and many others here and elsewhere luv the guy. He wants red letters he will get em by gawwd! One of these days anyway. Ain't his fault his printer don't work ,right?

Anyhow, somehow this thread got "about" Jim. When really I was offering a tutorial for Mr. L as he had raved about.

Not all olive branches turn into trees, some get used for firewood while the olives are eaten with the martini's drunken around a fishcamp campfire somewhere NE of Troy !

Then again,:confused: ,there is never a time when it's "before" a few drinks ( orange juice ,right), hell, I smile all the time. :thumb: :cool:

davy :beathead: