UMF Snoqualmie yesterday

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kent Lufkin, May 12, 2013.

1. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

It's been 5 years since the USFS installed the gate at Dingford Creek to block motorized access to the old road running along the Upper Middle Fork of the Snoqualmie. Discussion on another thread prompted me to drive up there yesterday and hike not quite 4 miles past the gate up the unmaintained road that still allows the owners and caretakers to access Goldmeyer Hot Springs.

The enormous volume of water thundering down the cataract beneath the bridge across Dingford Creek just beyond the gate is an impressive reminder that snowmelt is fully under way. The braids section of the UMF is running clear but way high and quite cold. (I pumped a Nalgene bottle of water where I turned back and the water was so cold that the outside of the bottle was quickly covered in condensation.)

It'll be at least another couple months before the flows drop enough to make it worthwhile for me to go back with a lightweight rod and spend a day targeting those little cutties. I can't wait!

K

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. teedub

teedub Active Member

Nice pics!

3. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

That looks Awesome!!

4. Cruik

Cruik Active Member

Cool pictures, I don't think I've ever been up there in heavy flows. I love that area, although by the time I get to Dingford, I look at my watch and think "Hell, I could have made it to the upper yak in the same amount of time."

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  5. Stew McLeod

Stew McLeod aka BigMac

Thanks for the great pics. Been a few years since I've been up that far.

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  6. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Thanks for sharing Ken, been a year or two since I was last up that way but your pictures sure make me what to make the trip again.

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Been up that road to the end. Crossed the MF and continued up the mountain on the other side. Went up there rock/mineral hunting with my ex son in law.

8. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Thanks Kent. I haven't been there in years, but want to again. Think I'll wait a bit though. Nice pics and report.

9. Josh Stroud

Josh Stroud Active Member

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing.