Umitilla Sturgeon

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by toddsbernina, Apr 4, 2006.

1. toddsbernina

toddsbernina New Member

Yesterday i had the pleasure of going on a guided Sturgeon trip. My Dad, little brother and nick all went out with Bruce Hewitt owner/guide of Going Fishing guide service(http://www.catchingmorefish.com/). We caught 3 none over 2&1/2 feet but you can't catch the big one every day.

in the attached pics Michael is the little guy with long shaggy hair my dad is the bald one next to him. Nick, Camo Jacket. I have the john deer sweatshirt. Not a bad way to start off the new fishing season.

2. Curtis King

Curtis King Fish Magnet

:eek: The big 'unz seem to get really active when the shad arrive, late May and into June. Last year was not good for me on sturgeon, but 2004 was scary. One trip we boated 4, none under 7 1/2 and one over 11. You just never know.

Nice way to break in the new season. :beer2:

3. toddsbernina

toddsbernina New Member

Could you even lift your beer after fighting 4 over 7 1/2? Man thats crazy! That was my first time sturgeon fishing so I'm really stoked i got anything. I'm going to try and get out a few more times this summer and see if i cant bring in something a little bigger. Maybe I could join you on a trip or two.

4. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

so why is nick wearing his BDU shirt with stripes and name tags? just curious who would wear that off duty. nice fish by the way

5. toddsbernina

toddsbernina New Member

Nick picked that up at a yard sale.

6. Jake Smulkowski

Jake Smulkowski Throwing hoppers into baetis falls

Nice! I've never caught a gator - hoping to get into one this year.

7. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

man those are wierd ass fish

8. Davy

Davy Active Member

want big ones?, below Bonneville in May is the place. The lower Willamette is doing well also now for fish 28" to 9'. Need rec's , call me