Umm? WDFW

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dehlan G, May 8, 2010.

1. Trent

Trent Ugly member

Yes. I was able to get ahold of Jennifer Whitney also. She pretty much went into saying alot of the same things about steelhead and rainbows in the streams. I explained to her also that these streams don't see the pressure to cuase any harm on them. It is extreamly rare to run into another angler on these waters. She did give me the contact info for the Fish and Game Commission, these are the individuals who are responsible for making and implementing the laws. I don't have the info with me at the moment, but I will post it later. She also informed me that these indeviduals in the commision are appointed by the Governor (Christine Gregore), so flooding the governor's offices with inquries and with your concerns might also have an effect.

2. Trent

Trent Ugly member

Here is the contact info, with a correction on the earlier name given. It is Fish & Wildlife Commission, not Fish and Game commision.

Fish & Wildlife Commission
    600 Capital Way N
    Olympia, Wa. 98501-1091

As stated in my last post, these indeviduals are appointed by the Governor, so it might be benificial to contact her office also. I would suggest a written copy and an electronic copy when contacting Greg's office, she can be kind of blind and def at times. I forgot to ask for the Email address for FWC, but I'm sure a Google search would bring it up.

And to you fellows over on the eastern side of the Cascades. I would quite smirking and saying "this is why I live here", or "we don't have to worry about that here" (these aren't exact quotes taken from anyone in particular, just estimates). You too can look forward to the closures of your streams coming very soon. According to Jennifer Whitney and if memory serves me correctly someone already posted something about this, the State is looking at making this a statewide measure. Just look at any statewide map and try to find a stream that is not somehow conected to the Salt. Essentialy over 90% (guestimate #) of our streams in this state will be closed to fishing in the near future.

3. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Media:
    when that happens i think it will be time to infiltrate colorado

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

WTF Trent.
    That happened 12 frigging years ago, where ya been boy!!!!!!