Unhappy Russians on the Stilly

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by griz72, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griz72

griz72 New Member

Unfortunately, I had started to leave when I met the sheriff, so I didn't get to see the look on their faces when he pulled in behind them at the parking lot, turned on the bubble gum machine, and asked to see the four silvers they had snagged. Oh, well...they didn't look too happy as a couple of us were filling out the reports on what we had seen.

2. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Good for you!!!!!
    If they (the Russians) don't like it (the laws) here they (the Russians) can go back to Russian.
    Sounds a little racist and I don't mean it to be.
    I think all the law breakers can go live somewhere else if they don't like the laws.

3. griz72

griz72 New Member

I can't take the credit. I was just the first to call it in. There were two of us that I know of that called it in, and at least two that flagged the sherriff officer down to report it. None of us knew each other, I might add. But, well, I won't repeat the comments that were floating around as we were waiting for the officer...

4. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

That is great news.

5. wolverine

wolverine Member

Every time, this year, that I go north bound over the Stilly I-5 bridge I see rigs parked below. I rarely see cars parked there before or after the silvers run. I see the ocaisional fisherman at the bar upstream, but this time of year most are under the bridge ripping in the frog water. You did the right thing turning in the snagging SOB's. Hopefully they get a very expensive lesson.

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    They will probably complain that they don't understand our fishing laws. And get off with a slap on the wrists. Isn't this what usually hapens to people like them.

Jim

7. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Cool! Wardens hit the South rivers this weekend pretty good to. :thumb:

8. Bonefish Jack

Bonefish Jack Strictly FF

Sorry Gary, but what you said is racist ... at least ethnically biased ...

For me, I don't care where they are from, or what language they speak, or even what accent they have, I am just glad the authorities caught poachers ...

"Russian" doesn't have anything to do with it ... at least for me ...

9. 509

509 New Member

Just chill.....you guys need to be more accepting of diversity. Just because we have these rules and laws does not mean that the rest of the world believes in them. Just be more tolerant. What are four silvers compared to the benefits of diverse society??

Geez, if you can not handle Russians or Mexicans what are you guys going to do when the Muslins start moving in from Detroit??

Don't be so uptight!!

10. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Yeah!!!!

He is right!!!

I am gonna go snag some silvers for diversity sake! :clown:

11. Todd Robbins

Todd Robbins Wishin' I was fishin'

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Yeah, he should have said 'the snaggers from Russia' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. Gertie's Pa

Gertie's Pa New Member

Way to go griz!
    I agree with those that don't care what language they speak. The laws are for all of us to keep and respect (and change when we deem it necessary). I was fishing next to some fellows from the ukrane (sp) last Saturday. They were pleasant, well mannered, and had a healthy respect for the law. I'm glad they were here.

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    What the hell, is this turning into a polical correctness panel? Snaggers bagged and tagged, I don't care how they look, talk or where they are from. When in Rome you follow Roman rules. Fish in WA, use the WA regs. I researched my tail off for a two day fishing trip to MT just to make sure I was not going to end up in jail for doing something stupid. Well done to all four who reported the poaching activity.

14. Nate Dutton

Nate Dutton I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!

Media:
    ahahaahahahahh well played sir, well played.

15. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

i agree with gary. someone should pay the phone bill of the guy who called it in, heads up. there is a problem at lenore lake with snagging of fish by certain people. i have the poaching hotline on my cell. mike w

16. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

Be more tolerant to poachers??? Rules for this State shouldn't be followed just because your born in a different country?????:rolleyes:

Maybe those 4 snagged silvers may equate to 100 future silvers.:beathead:

17. andrew

andrew Active Member

Media:
    It is good to hear once and a great while that citations are being given! Regardless of ethnicity, white collar or blue, gear or fly, there is no excuse...ok maybe a few.

18. Jay Burman

Jay Burman Experienced Ne'r do well and Layabout.

Media:
    Last I heard Russian wasn't a race.:confused:

19. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Media:
    No shit. iagree Duffer

PS I've noticed that people who pull out the racism card usually don't even really know what the hell it really means. It's a wholier than thou attempt to declare some sort of phony moral superiority and this just reafirms what I've seen the last 10 times or so I've seen it directed at someone. We all have prejudices, if small and eccentric or in your face and out in the open. Team that up with inherent issues of zenophobia (which some say is part of the human condition), and you have one of the great challenges in life. All good people constantly work on and repel intrusive thoughts of prejudice and zenophobia, some less than others but I think we all find them sneaking into our heads at times. The issues aren't the hurdles we have to cross it's how hard we work at getting over the damn things without having to be judged by people who really don't know what the hell they're talking about. Gary, it's refreshing to hear a man's real voice, not the PC phony bullshit kind of voice we are all subjected to all over the place nowadays. Nice work Griz! Tight lines Coach

20. Manannan Mac Lir

Manannan Mac Lir Professional enabler

Glad the snaggers were snagged. NFR or SFR or something entirely unrelated to holiness or xenophobia. Someone's been drinking... Oh yeah, that was me! :beer1:ptyd:D
    Cheers!

Karl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.