Union Bay bust

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by daveypetey, Aug 18, 2012.

1. daveypetey

daveypetey Active Member

Media:
    Brad I was up there last week, are you just putting in at the boat ramp with your float tube and working the bank down to were the ski boats are lifted up out of the water?

2. Brad Niemeyer

Brad Niemeyer Old School Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Access is available all along there. There are swimmers in the middle section so you might want to avoid that area until the water temps drop a bit. Its decent fishing all around sandpoint, likely better than around UW but it is not super great. Lake washington is a hodgepodge of native and non native species. Its got some nice cutts, rainbows, bass, carp , salmon swim through, as do Sea Run Cutts. The problem is finding fish in big water. It seems you have picked it because its close. I live in Woodinville and I don't fish lake washington much anymore. I have seen some big bass in the Juanita Bay area so I may give that a go next spring. I fish Cottage Lake because its close to me. I fish the Sammamish slough ( flows into LW) also because its close to me. Neither are blue ribbon fisheries but can provide some surprises at the right time ( see pics)

Attached Files:

daveypetey and Walter Spaulding like this.
  3. Walter Spaulding

Walter Spaulding New Member

At one time circa 1990-1993 montlake cut was probably the best smallie fishing for large fish I have ever had in western Washington .Where the slough starts and flows out of Lake Sammamish is also a great spot if you have not tried it I highly recomend it.Accces can be had from the park in Redmond.You might try the south end of Mathews Beach as well about 50-80ft out from the mouth of the creek there is a drop off and weed bed that used to be productive for nice smallies some very large cutts and some asorted pearch rainbows even a steelhead once upon a time.And I can attest to Brads knowledge of Magnussun Park .I have seen some nice smallies and Cutts there as well.Good luck.