Until next year, Lincoln Park....

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by pcknshvl, Oct 16, 2013.

1. pcknshvl

pcknshvl Member

Oh, the joy and frustration of the Beach Popper. A couple dozen early weekday morning trips to the beach, several follows and boils, and even a tug or too, but no fish to hand this year.

Today, it was too windy on the point, so I worked my way slowly south back to the car. Had a small cutty on briefly, but he shook himself off. Big boil and a hook-up later on, but became unbuttoned after about a minute. I could see a bit of gold color through the water, so I think it was a big sea-run. Would have been a nice ending to the season.

There may still be some silvers around, but I've had it for this year. No pink-a-palooza next year--should be great! Matthew, Aaron, and the rest of the regulars--see you then!

Tom

2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    Great job getting out there one last time. Sounds like you got to spend lots of time down there this year. I'm sure all that time spent will pay off big time next year when you will know the beach well at all stages.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    Tom, great to see you out there this year. With all the looks and boils you got this year, I'm surprised you couldn't get anything to commit. Still fun seeing you out there and your popper sliding across the surface. Next year it will happen!

Cheers!

Matthew

4. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Media:
    I lived in West Seattle until a couple years ago and used to frequent LP. While I caught some SRC's and rezzies on occasion, I mostly spent a great amount of wasted time down there and grew tired of going down there for a hard fought fish every once in a blue moon. In the future, I only plan to go to LP to swim at the pool when its open in the Summer.

5. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    I find LP a complete waste of time as well.

6. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

Media:
    It's nice for walking the dog, looking at the sunset, etc.

Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  7. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Yeah. I've had no love there this year. Total bummer. Wish I would have just saved up time and money and headed out to the West side more, or up to Whidbey. Oh well. Waste of a coho season for me, unfortunately.

8. FerrousTortoise

FerrousTortoise Hana Pa`a

It was a lot of fun watching those fish boil behind your popper. I would sit watching your popper instead of paying attention to the fishing I was doing.

9. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Media:
    Next year take 2 rods down to your favorite beach. The intermediate line set-up with a Clouser and a dry line rod attached to your favorite slider pattern. Land a silver or two on the Clouser rod, then get your fix of visual swirls and slashes with the slider rod. After a few successful trips you might find that you are only bringing one rod down to the beach.

10. pcknshvl

pcknshvl Member

No, not a waste of time! Just a lot of time spent.... I've had more success in previous years. This one just didn't pay off for some reason.

11. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    I'm glad you've had success at LP and some follows on the popper. I've never caught a fish there.
    SF

Jason Rolfe likes this.