Update on pinks please?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mark Buick, Aug 6, 2013.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +720 / 1
    Some showing at Tacoma, but not in big numbers yet. I've hooked 5 in two trips and batting 1000, so good by me.
  2. sean_k Active Member

Spanaway Wa.
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Their here, you just have to find them. I've landed 40 or more in the last two days. (MA11)
  3. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    I have still not landed a pink, I hooked up with I dont even know how many fish today and no pinks. I am fairly certain all of my flys are broken.
    fish-on and dibling like this.
  4. dibling Active Member

Green Lake
    Ratings: +50 / 0

I'm in the same boat, with only one salmon hookup so far that I lost within three feet of the beach. I think my rod, reel, waders and bucket are broken in addition to my flies :)
    Kcahill likes this.
  5. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Yeah I think someone sprayed my gear with pink repellant. I have landed more coho so far then I did all last year and even got a king.....still no pink :eek:
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    Them other fish are way better tasting then that dirty Pink.
  7. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,126 / 4

Oh ya, lets all feel sorry for Keith. Poor, poor guy can only manage to land those lowly kings and coho, none of the regal pink salmon! You're breakin my heart here! :D:D :D
  8. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    I have a hello kitty sticker on my stripping basket now (a pink one at that) I am going to get one this weekend.
  9. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,622 / 2
    Been on the boat in MA10 and MA11 today and yesterday. Lost a few pinks yesterday, and one today. Freaking DEAD in MA11, even in my usual "hot spots." Today might be the first time I've ever been legitimately skunked in the salt when targeting pinks. Saw a few lone jumpers here and there, but man was it dead. I just got my new canner, so I'm ready to fill some jars and try it out. Already have about 20 fish smoked from this season... Need some variety.

We did manage one decent bycatch yesterday, though.

Attached Files:

10. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +370 / 0
    I went to JoAnn yesterday but couldn't find a Hello Kitty sticker that would be appropriate on my basket! :mad::eek::mad:
    Kcahill likes this.
  11. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +720 / 1
    No one likes a tease...spill it :). Did get skunked on Sunday... Only saw 3 caught.
  12. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,622 / 2
    I managed numbers like that the weekend before last, right after that good Friday rain. Went from hot to not after two days of that. That was at an MA11 beach.
  13. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    I've been snorkeling and spearing them down on the Green this week. Big fun !!!
    Evan Burck likes this.
  14. DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tacoma, Washington
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Been out 5 times over 16 days and managed a total of 4 in MA11. Based on creel reports and calculated results per angler out of the PD ramp, that's pretty good results.

My son, "the gear chucker", just called to offer me the 4 he caught today on the Puyallup for my smoker! I have VERY mixed feelings, but I'll take them!

Now I get to put the smoker through the ringer (for me). 7 fish! I'm planning on having a "smokeout" on my sister's deck above Point Defiance overlooking much of MA11. It's absolute hell being forced to stay at her place dog sitting with a spot in her garage for my boat :);). Get the fish in and smoking, drink beer, and enjoy the day. I'll just have to work around my planned "every other day" fishing trips :rolleyes:.
    Nick Clayton likes this.
  15. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Time to show the dog how to fish Dennis ;).
  16. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
    Grandson (13) fishing for pinks off Edmonds fishing pier with secret bait (pink marabou jig) crap 15 pound King landed
    plaegreid and Kcahill like this.
  17. PatrickH Active Member

Snohomish County Wa
    Ratings: +56 / 0

Still going strong at the Skagit August 22nd.
    Caught one within 10 minutes on a Jig. Caught another couple hours later. Seeing about 1 fish every 30 minutes from shore between 10 people and every 15 minutes or so by 1 person on a boat.
    Here is a picture of a small one I caught today.

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    PT likes this.
  18. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,656 / 0
    Are you fly fishing or using gear.
  19. Jim Paget Member

Ratings: +37 / 0
    I was invited to go bait fishing on the Skagit yesterday with a couple of friends. When I left after about 4 hours, we had caught 5 pinks. Everybody on the bar was having some luck just not a lot.
  20. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +839 / 1
    Bob Triggs and triploidjunkie like this.