Upland hunting, a few pictures from the early season

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Kaari White, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

I've hunted six days so far this season and it's gone pretty well so far. Scouting pre-season, the pheasant numbers looked severely down, but the actual numbers seem to be about where they were last year. On the other hand, I haven't seen many huns or quail.
    My dog, Cooper, is now 6 years old and I couldn't be happier with him. He did all the hard work for me and busted through ditches and tangled sage brush like a bulldozer. He made a few great points, but I didn't get any pictures of those.
    [​IMG]
    Pretty view while hunting
    [​IMG]

I was able to do a little cast and blast while I was there... this one went in to my backing twice!

[​IMG]
    My dad and a couple of our friends walking along the border of some CRP land. This year we've hunted all public land which hasn't turned out to be a bad thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are the results... If my bird shooting abilities were as a good as my dog's bird finding abilities, I would have had limits every day. However, I did manage a couple of limits, one day with no birds shot (plenty of missed opportunities), and a couple days were I managed a bird or two. I'm pretty happy with that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jmills81

Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Boo Ya kari...nice work

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us, looks like you and Cooper are quite the team...:thumb:

4. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

I wish I was a better teammate- If my scatter gunning skills don't improve, I think he's going to leave me for another hunter!

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Great report.
    Follow through, be one with the shotgun.
    Be sure to look at the bird down the rib of you gun.
    Something I learned a few years ago was to only take the shots I knew I was going to hit on. Easier said than done.

6. seekm

seekm chris

Great report and pics. That looks like one happy dog!