Upland in WA

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by martyg, Apr 13, 2011.

1. martyg

martyg Active Member

2. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Didn't know that! My subscription to Shooting Sportsman expired an I haven't renewed yet. It's a very good Mag, especially if you like decent double guns. I'm contrasting that with Double Gun Journal where the cheapies start at $60,000!!

3. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Great article, Marty! Great pictures as well.

4. ganglyangler

ganglyangler Bird Dogs and Fly Rods

Good article and well done magazine! Thanks!

5. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Thanks for posting this Marty! Great article and a very nice magazine. Nice to have online access to it. Rick

6. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Marty, very nice article, but in April? That makes September feel a long ways away...

I see Roxie has a playmate...he'll keep her on her toes for sure.

7. martyg

martyg Active Member

Thanks Roper. Roxie qualified for the nationals in the series that we run. Joker is just a joker right now, but he is in some respects better than Roxie. It will be cool to watch him develop.

8. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

you know guys, with this cool, wet weather, I'm thinking we'll have a repeat of the dismal grouse season here. We got snow again last night in blue grouse country.

9. martyg

martyg Active Member

The entire West is likely to see poor nesting conditions.

10. andrew

andrew Active Member

Marty - Very nice read...last year I convinced my wife to tag along on the upland opener with the 'carrot' being a visit to wineries and fruit stands along the way. Saw more quail at the wineries than while hunting! :beathead: