US wins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Smalma, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Smalma

Smalma Active Member

US 2 Ghana 1; what an intense game!

Bring on Portugal!

Curt

2. Skysoldier

Skysoldier Trout Hunter

Was a great game to watch.

3. james.jimenez

james.jimenez Active Member

AWESOME GAME!!! Almost ripped the TV off the wall when they tied it up though...

4. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Not only that, but a Sounder nailed the first goal. Home town AND homeland pride? HECK YES.

holtad and ComeOnSounders like this.
  5. psycho

psycho Active Member

The US is going to have to play a lot better if they are going anywhere.Ghana carried the play a lot of the time.

6. Bummed I missed it, but glad they beat Ghana. The wife was giving me play by play, as she's the real soccer fan in the family.

7. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Ghana controlled the ball most of the game, but I think that was some of the game plan. They didn't want to get into a wide open game with Ghana so the just clogged up the middle. This was of course aided by the early goal. Once Ghana scored you saw the US start making more runs and openng up the game a bit. Still, it was pretty tense to watch.

8. Porter

Porter Active Member

In American Futbol ....Keith Price was cut today from the Seahawks.

9. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Glad the U.S. won, but Ghana appeared to own 80 minutes of the game. Let's see what happens next.

10. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Meh.

Now give me some sweaty dudes wrestling around...wait...that came out wrong. I mean freestyle wrestling...err...never mind.

Chris Johnson and plaegreid like this.
  11. David A.

David A. Active Member

Soccer ?
    For show ponies light in the loafers..:D

More important - this weekend it's the US vs. Canada in Rugby.
    I don't see either side beating the All Blacks at any time soon, but both are getting more competitive.
    Should be a good game !

Chris Johnson and weiliwen like this.
  12. Great game; great result. The loss of Jozy Altidore will hurt in coming games, I fear.

Gary Knowels likes this.
  13. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

I scared the shit out of my dog screaming and running around after john Anthony brook's goal. I've been a wreck all day, and I still haven't settled down.

In other good news, Portugal should be good and demoralized after getting their shit packed by Germany and possibly losing three starters

14. Portugal will likely be re-organized and out for blood. It won't help them to be out a key player or 3 but their roster goes pretty deep. Go USA!

Brazil v Mexico should be a treat to watch.

15. majpreal

majpreal Member

This was a great win and a gritty performance by the US Team and we did have quite a bit of luck on our side given how much possession Ghana had. One of the best matches so far in the World Cup. But man do we have a tough road ahead.

16. JonT

JonT Member

Portugal lost Pepe and Coentrao - their defense is crippled. One more win for the USA before getting slaughtered by Germany. But GO HOLLAND!!!

17. JonT

JonT Member

Brazil v Mexico will be awesome.

18. t_law

t_law Active Member

Shitty game but the 3 points is what counts. Big win for the boys!

19. ryfly

ryfly Addicted to flyfishing

It is ok to lose the battles as long as you win the war, which is exactly what the US did.

20. Definitely not a bad game for the US. 2 subs early on in the game and we were still able to see the game out. Our coach couldn't pull all the strings he wanted to because of the injuries. I think the coach would have been able to change the ball possession around if we didn't have the 2 injuries.