US wins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Smalma, Jun 16, 2014.

1. David A.

David A. Upside down.

Home Page:
    FWIW, USA wins over Canada in the Rugby...

How long till we see you at the Rugby World Cup ?
    Last time around I bet $50 the Americans would win it - they didn't, but if they had I could have retired on the payout !! :D

Chris Johnson likes this.
  2. weiliwen

weiliwen Active Member

Media:
    I used to see the Rugby 7's tournament in Hong Kong every year, and occasionally, the 7's World Cup was held there. Lots of fun, the 7's version - less scrumming, more running.

David A. likes this.
  3. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

Media:
    Aw man, I saw this thread at the top of the page and thought someone had posted about 40 seconds too early yesterday. Then I realized it was the old thread and the reality of yesterday's result vs. Portugal hit me. WTF happened?!? I mean, the US team played great for most of the game aside from that early lapse. And then, in the crucial last minutes, with the lead, they looked like they lost a step while Portugal turned it up. Geeeeez, why do they gotta do it the hard way?

Jamie Wilson likes this.
  4. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    Can't watch soccer anymore! That's how the left knee got totaled, and I still really miss playing. Better if I move on, but I've never been a "fan". Gotta get out and participate!

5. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bradley was out of gas and couldn't make the play @ midfield, Portugal broke forward and Ronaldo( second best player in the world), made a perfect cross and Howard never had a chance. USA's fate is still in their own hands, if they can play Germany to a draw they are in. I love watching world cup, I was on the first youth soccer team in Whatcom county many years ago, and both my kids played though my son opted for wrestling and rugby when he reached middle school age. It's a great sport and more Americans are learning to love it.

6. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

Media:
    I was at a packed bar for the game yesterday. Talk about dejected. I've never seen so many people collectively gut-punched at one time. The US isn't quite there yet as far as being a legit contender. Their passing needs to improve, so many times they seemed to hit just a little too soft or a little too hard. They have the athletes and all in all, they played pretty well. Good thing the next game is against a top 3 team in the world or anything. Might need a little Lake Placid Mojo...

7. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

Media:
    How about Howard though? That second save that he had after his mistake was nutso

Gary Knowels likes this.
  8. psycho

psycho Active Member

I can see a little coffee talk between two coaches, " you know if we have a draw we both go through, 0-0, 1-1, 2-2, all okay your call".:D

9. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I guess I understand. Back in my day, soccer hadn't come to Washington, so my knees are weak from other things. But, one of my daughters played select quite a bit and I learned to love the game. Not over the top about watching a game on TV, but it sure is fun from the sidelines. Now that I understand some of the rules and strategy, I like it. It's a long road to contention on the world stage though. And you know that EVERY other country loves to beat USA, contenders or not.

Gary Knowels likes this.