Useless steelhead report

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by cj6530, Sep 1, 2008.

1. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

LOL :rofl:

2. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Media:
    Home Page:
    i think the big gas station in montesano on the way to the wynoochee could give any pizza pocket/bbq burrito a run for their money.

3. cj6530

cj6530 Member

the gas station next to The Evening Hatch in Ellensburg Wa has unreasonably good pizza slices.

4. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Hey it could be worse..I fell and broke my thumb and busted up my knee pretty good..happened early in the day and kept fishing..limping and cursing but fishing all the same...and the worst part..My buds would send me through the run first (saying how sorry they felt for mebawling:) and then pick pocket me from behind...Don't let your weasel friends talk you into skating a big bug through so you stir the pot and then pick um up on a nice wet fly....

It also makes you want to bawling: when you take a new guy who can barely cast and then HE pick pockets you too!!!! Freaking winter was easy compared to this...

The summer run fishless wonder who's "friends" rule!!!

5. Coach Duff

Coach Duff Banned or Parked

Media:
    Jergs, that was a handsome and very gourmet pizza pocket on the way to the Nootch. Bon Appetit!

6. Reefmeup

Reefmeup New Member

man I love the nootch. was there a week ago. I caught 3 or 4 cutts, 2 bows, only fished for about 30 mins so not a bad day. Ooh yah I also ate the pizza slice at the gas station...mmm.

7. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Media:
    To me, steelheading represents everything good and bad in fishing.

The waders that smell like mold and fish slime because they never dry out (on the inside or outside).

Seventeen hour fishing days--when at the end, fishless, mind-weary and physically drained you wonder why you just did that. But all you can think about is when you can get out next and do it again. Obsession may be maddening, but its my obsession, damn it.

Trying to explain to your wife that it's peak season and you just have to get out, even though you've been saying that every week for five years.

But most of all, that solitary five minutes when a fish takes, runs, dances, and ultimately consummates your feral desires with either a brief handshake and a goodbye, or a wrestling match in the rocks followed by a concussion and blood (usually the fishes, but not always!)

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Doesn't that five minutes also end with a LDR and a WINK? I don't know...yet...but I hope to frustrate myself endlessly whenever possible.