UV

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by TallFlyGuy, Jan 20, 2009.

1. TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

Vancouver, WA.
    Ratings: +34 / 0
    Has anyone tied up some bugs with UV chenille or dubbing etc? Whats your opinion, Better or worse...?
  2. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    LOVE it for trout, absolutely slayed them this summer with a bug that used a bunch of the brown/uv polar chenille.
  3. Mulligan Stephen Mull

Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    It might be all in my dome, but I love tying with UV ice dubbing and UV angel hair. I "feel" like there's a difference. I guess all that matters is that I have a lot more confidence in the stuff. I don't catch enough steelhead to get real answer.
  4. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +258 / 0
    I recently used some UV ice dubbing (blended with other colors) to tie amphipod patterns for saltwater beach fishing, and the salmon really liked it. It catches a lot of light under dim conditions and forms a nice translucent body. Go for it.
  5. fredaevans Active Member

White City, Oregon, USA.
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    Couple of years back several of us were fishing the Harrison and Vedder for Chums/Kings. The most effective fly was all chartreuse on a SS hook. First night one of the fellows tied the same fly using all UV materials. Amazing difference in the results!!!!!!ptyd:thumb:
  6. Charles Craumer chuckngear

lander, wyoming
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    One of My favourite materials to tie with. Great stuff for streamers etc. Game over
  7. Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Twin Bridges, MT
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    iagree [IMG]
  8. docstash Member

selah, wa.
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    OK already now lets see some of the flys with uv. Craig