Varmints...

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Citori, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Citori

Citori Piscatorial Engineer

For the past 3-4 weeks I have been trying to get out of here and over to central Oregon for my annual sage rat shoot. For a number of different reasons, mostly relating to work schedule and first cutting of hay schedule, I have been unable to put it together, yet. Hopefully I will be able to make it before the little bas****s go back underground.

I would love to have some place to go closer to home (Fed Way) to have a shot at some 'yotes, chucks or rats (picket pens, ground squirrels, etc. - not chipmunks...) Without asking you to divulge any secrets (I wouldn't), would anyone out there be willing to chat with me about places to go to find varmint or predator targets? I am relatively new (3 yrs. or so) to the Seattle area, so I am still looking for someone who might want to spend a day afield every now and then to maybe hunt with.

If you have any info and might like to talk, please PM me.

Thanks

2. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    I personally have never gone varmint hunting, but a buddy of mine is getting into it- he handloads
    rounds for his Cooper 17 Mach 4. He's mentioned good rat shooting around the Selah-Wenas area.

3. Josh Benjamin

Josh Benjamin Member

there's lots of those rockchuck type creatures over by dry falls, i'm not sure what exactly they called...i'm sure there's got to be some place to shoot them legally over there. in any case, there are yotes there, over by lenice-nunally-beverly area also, and pretty much anywhere else in E-WA. you can get to on public land, especially in the wenas-selah area.
    coyote hunting is getting pretty popular. you can pm me if you want other info

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I live in Wenatchee. There are dogs and ground hogs all over the place, lots of public land. Come and shoot'em up.
    PM and I'll give you Ph# and address. I got to ask the wife but she is cool to shooting dogs and hogs.
    The last I heard on dog pelts was $30.00 plus for a good pelt. (winter time)

5. noway

noway Banned or Parked

Media:
    over here in montana ive been having fun shooting prairie dogs out my backyard with my bow.

6. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Prairie dogs are good practice for shooting big meat out in the big sky country.

7. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

iagree You got that right bro. It never ceases to amaze me how so many hunters never see their weapon all year except to kill a couple of paper plates the week before deer/elk season and they're good to go!
    Scott

8. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

My bow has been getting cob webs on it. I can't seem to find the time to get back into bow hunting (work related).
    I have bird dogs and you have got to take them out every weekend from the start to finish of bird season. I start with Grouse in Sept. end with the Huns and chucks in Jan.
    Just so happens that RF is on my way to and from my favorite pheasant swamp. Blast'em and cast'em from Oct. to Jan. Man! I love it!!!!