Very Interesting Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by bariutt, Dec 31, 2007.

1. bariutt

bariutt New Member

This trade is for a fly tier that is also a waterfowl hunter. I am interested in trading a custom made pair of calls for an equivalent value in hand tied flies. I would make you a custom pair of calls - either a pair of duck calls (one single reed and one double reed call) or a duck call with a matching goose call. You select the blanks (from digital photos of the various types of woods available) and I will complete a set of calls for you. Last winter I completed a few trades on this forum with fly tiers and I am looking to add some more flies to my inventory for next year’s fishing season.

I basically make three types of calls - single reed Arkansas duck calls, double reed duck calls (with an insert) and short reed Canada goose calls. The woods that I use to make calls are all high quality exotic hardwoods. I make calls in African Blackwood, Cocobolo, various types of Ebonies, Maple Burl, Bloodwood, Ebony and a few spalted woods. Each call is somewhat "one of a kind" in that I don't use a duplicator and only turn out a small number of calls each winter.

If you have interest in a trade - email me at riuttafamily@sympatico.ca. I can email you pictures of some of my work to give you an example of what a set of calls would look like.

2. bariutt

bariutt New Member

Here is a picture of a pair of maple burl and cocobolo calls that I have available to trade. One call is a double reed duck call whereas the other call is a short reed goose call.

3. mozart

mozart Chris

It would probably be a good idea to put this in the classifieds rather than in this section since you're trying to exchange product for product. Not exactly a fly swap.

4. WPEB

WPEB member

Media:
    Or maybe in the cast and blast section as you might get more interest there.

By the way those look like some mighty nice calls.

5. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Media:
    What flies and how many?