NFR Vicious wolves, cougars and what's next

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Jul 24, 2013.

1. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,035 / 1
    Someone will wear the scarlet "H" for hijack.
    flyfool likes this.
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,726 / 0
    I was told that wolves have been spotted out here around Dillon killing cows. I can't find anything in the paper about that. Lots of cows around here.
  3. jersey livin' the dream

sonoma county
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Canadian Wolves?
  4. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +249 / 1
    Huge Canadian Wolves that kill indiscriminately.

TC
  5. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,221 / 0
    Wougarotters can be very dangerous and love to eat cattle, fishermen and tubers.
  6. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,338 / 0
    Dang it, Freestone!! Now you gave me something else to look over my shoulder for while fishing!
    Freestone likes this.
  7. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +710 / 0
    Here's an otter story for you. I had a few guys out on the beaches here one summer day, fly fishing for sea run Cutthroat. I mentioned to one of the guys that he was fishing in a specific spot on the beach where we often see the mother otters as they come out of the den and get into the water to catch fish to feed to their pups. They have to come across about fifty yards of open beach to do this. he kind of grunted at me dismissively. So we are fishing along, and suddenly I hear "SQUEAK"!, and I look up to see the mother otter sitting on her haunches, just a few feet away from this same fisherman, and she is chattering away at him quite sternly. Then she leaps into the water, dives under, and returns within just a few seconds, with a sea run Cutthroat writhing in her jaws. She stops, again right at the feet of this fisherman, and rips the head off of this trout and eats it right there in front of the poor guy. Then she lopes up the beach, back to the den and pups, with the remaining Cutthroat clenched in her teeth. Fishing lessons . . .
    http://olympicpeninsulaflyfishing.blogspot.com
  8. shadowcast Member

Ratings: +19 / 0
    Nice cool can of humiliation right there LOL. I got into an otter once and it scared the **** out of me. Fortunately he threw the fly back at me.
  9. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +896 / 0
    Y'all all really otter be a lot more careful around wild things (y'all KNEW that one was coming sooner or later, didn't you?). My bad...
  10. jjaims Make fishin’ your mission

Tacoma
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    I can't believe you brought up wolves. I am so angry right now
  11. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +437 / 0
    That's so fake! Who is she kidding? She got so drunk, that she fell out of a moving truck on a dirt road, thrown out the back, into a barbed wire fence.

Otters... come on man! Now if it was a pack of wild kittens..... They've got huge, sharp fangs!
  12. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +737 / 0
    Ed, they most likely feel the same way about you being in thier fishing hole.. like many things in life its all about perspective
  13. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,713 / 0
    :p
  14. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +533 / 0
    wolverines are next...hear about them attacking in the wenatchee area :eek: