Virginia Fly Fishing Festival

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by NewTyer1, Apr 25, 2013.

1. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Ratings: +29 / 1
    My TU Chapter organized some volunteers for the event which took place this past week-end in which I volunteered. I ended up at the tent which checks ID's and gives wrist bands for the wine tasting tables set up so, I think I can safely say that I was most likely the busiest tent on the grounds except for the wine booths. While there I started to talking with one of the Orvis reps. there who I just happen to know from one of the stores in the area. Talking to him and just coming into some money and the sun, deadly combo. To make a long story short, I purchased the Helios 2 8'6" 5wt mid-flex outfit which came with the mirage reel and the safe passage case. I had been wanting one for a while now and had my chance to get it, so I did. By the time it was all said and done, I think I paid just over $600, which I though was an awesome price so, I had to jump on it. What an awesome outfit and I got it one month before they are due to hit the market according to the catalog. I am going on vacation next week and taking it with me so, I will do a follow up when I return.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program
  2. The Duke Been around

Des Moines, WA
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Is it for sale yet?
    Travis Bille and Gary Knowels like this.
  3. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    ///////

You are one sick SOB. Get some help dude.
  4. suckegg Active Member

Ellensburg, WA,
    Ratings: +101 / 0
    How was the show? Attendance? I went the last two years but I couldn't justify the time this year.
    I always thought it was a cool show... weather crapped on us hard a couple times.
  5. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Yah! I understand about the weather. It seems as though the last few years have gotten rain on. Last year atleast it waited until Sunday. This year other than being windy, the weather was great. Attendance was good, not so many people buying this year or just buying small things that fit into the plastic Orvis bag you get when you sign in.
  6. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

You may say I'm crazy, literally.
  7. JE Active Member

Great NW
    Ratings: +59 / 0
    Why is this turkey not banned yet?
  8. Travis Bille Active Member

McKinleyville, CA
    Ratings: +370 / 0
    Isn't this the guy that needed cash donations so he could afford to go see his daughter in the hospital? But he can blow $600 on a top of the line outfit to take on his vacation?
  9. Alosa Active Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +142 / 1
    This could get ugly....
  10. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    I is ugly already like a festering, infected wound. This guy needs to be permanently banned. I wonder how many people he has tricked, cheated and scammed?
  11. Brian Thomas Active Member

Kamloops B.C
    Ratings: +122 / 0
    I wonder how many people he has tricked, cheated and scammed?

I don`t know the number , but one is far too many .
    Gary Knowels likes this.
  12. Matt Baerwalde ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +242 / 0
  13. jersey livin' the dream

sonoma county
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    Was going to attend the event, but had a smoke near some cement stairs- well you all know what happens next.
  14. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    I was also going to attend but some stoner fell down a flight of stairs and knocked me out.
  15. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    ROFL I just sprinkled the screen, while I sit here with my two pounder.
  16. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon