WTB Waders And Boots For My Wife

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jase, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Jase Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Hey all, the wife claims she wants to get in this thing with me... apparenty, we're not spending enough time together.:rolleyes:
    Looking to find some decent quality waders and boots, knowing her, she'll probably stick with it so I don't want to waist money on something super cheap and have to turn around again next year and get her something better.
    Not to sure how female sizing goes. She's 5'6 with a slim, fit build; wears a pants size 6 and a women's shoe size 8.
  2. montanafos Member

Billings, MT
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Do yourself a BIG favor and do not buy your wife a used pair of waders and used boots...unless of course that's the only way to get her gear. If possible, buy a pair of decent breathable waders and boots for a few hundred bucks for the whole works and she'll be a happy camper. Used, possibly ill fitting gear is a sure fire way to make her miserable and pretty soon you are miserable and your "together time" will be something other than the river...which means you are on the water less. My wife and I...pre kids...fished a ton together and now I do my best to get her out whenever I can. Good luck!

3. ramset Member

Sure ya wanna do this? Sometimes it's good to keep world's separate. Every heard of world's colliding? Check it out:

4. Jase Member

Spokane, WA
    Great Advice...:D but I think we're still gonna give it a go!

Now, would someone please help me out with a women's small wader and a women's 8 boot
  5. Brennen Busse Member

Issaquah, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Check out LL Bean. 100% return policy and free shipping. I Just purchased a pair of their Emerger 2 waders on sale for $120. I find them to be breathable enough for my needs. Their 'Fly Weight Waders' were a decent buy $80, but I had some seepage issues and they were not as breathable. They gladly exchanged them after free of shipping.
  6. docstash Member

selah, wa.
    Ratings: +22 / 0
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Do stash is on point. Unsure of sizing? Go see Jesse and James at Westslope Fly Shop and let them work their product finding magic. Good luck.
  8. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    Bought the wife Redington Cheena waders and boots. She likes them and had less than $150 for both into it.
  9. SRK BAD CHICKEN

On The River
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    SIERRA TRADING POST HAD SOME SIMMS BOOTS IN HER SIZE FOR $ 25.00 NEW IN THE BOX
  10. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 5
    I've had a team of women field test several models of waters. Redington seems to be the best at fitting females properly -- and they are very reasonably priced. Go to a shop that carries Redington, have your wife try some on, and buy new. You should be able to get her outfitted with brand new boots and waders for less than $300 -- Willow River waders are just $149 BRAND NEW -if price is a serious consideration. Otherwise, my wife might part with her old back-up waders (Orvis) for $299. But no boots.

http://www.redington.com/Willow-River-Wader.html
  11. Paul Norton Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Hodgeman Women's size 9 boots (felt), bought a couple years ago from a store that was closing. Turned out to be the wrong size. Yours for the cost of shipping.
  12. Southsound Steve Cole - Nisqually and Adjacent Environs

South Puget Sound (again!), WA, USA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Jase... PM sent on a possible pair of boots for your wife.

Thanks

Steve Cole
  13. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +179 / 1
    Why don't you guys carry the Zip up womens waders by Redington? Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm probably going to get Sheryl a pair this year.

14. docstash Member

selah, wa.
    Ratings: +22 / 0
    John,
    As soon as the new store gets done we will carry the Redington Women's Zip wader. A bit of a room problem in the tiny store now. We can still get you the Women's zip though just give us a call.

Craig
    Red's Fly Shop
    509-933-2300
  15. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 5
    I had several women field test those waders last fall. Review can be viewed here: http://www.adventuresnw.net/2012/02/wader-reviews/
  16. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +338 / 3
    My wife told me the eeewwww factor of wearing someones elses waders was enough for her to want new...
    jesse
  17. Jase Member

Spokane, WA
    Ya, Ya, I hear you Jesse.... we'll probably be in on Saturday to get fitted.