WTB Waders for a big guy. Trying to help a friend

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Evan Burck, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

I'm looking to help a friend out. He has been down on his luck as of late, and not able to really support any hobbies or any other source of unwinding or getting away for his sanity. I've been getting him out in my drift boat from time to time, but now with the weather turning, his lack of waders is making it tough. He had some good waders and Simms boots, but his ex room mate mistook his plastic bag where he was keeping them out on the porch for trash, and sent them to the dump...

Long story short, I'm seeing what I can find. If you have an old set that needs patching, I can do the work. I don't have a budget for anything expensive... I bought a cheap car for him to drive, and it died 2wks later and went to the scrapyard. So convincing the wife to shell out more money to help is going to be tough.

He's 5'9, and about 300lbs. So finding something to fit him will be tough. If you have anything that seems like it might work, let me know.

2. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

This is going to sound crazy....but who knows! I have a pair of Simms waders. My only pair. Thing is I bought it when I weighed 275...now I'm 200! I'm 6'3. So, he could have my waders if I can get into another pair. Don't have cash for a new set. I mention this because I think my waders would fit him and in case someone does have a spare set not in his size but mine we could swap and make it work. :). If this post isn't cool with you feel free to delete it or I can take it down.

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

NO, that's awesome. Like to keep all options open!

4. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

Right on!

FWIW they are the Simms Blackfoot Stockingfoot waders in size XXL. My wading boots are a size 13. I went a bit bigger on everything so I could better insulate in winter conditions. ;)

Evan Burck likes this.
  5. Eric Denny

Eric Denny It's summer time I'm fishing!!

I have some I'm 6ft 240 I will check the size on them when I get home if you think they will work you can have them for the shipping cost.

Rob Hardman and Evan Burck like this.
  6. Eric Denny

They are hodgman xl but check the speck's on them because like I said I am 240lbs and these where big on me with clothes on. The boot is like a size 13 and I had a bunch of baggie left over so let me know. I know there are nothing special but they have no holes or leaks in them and worked great intel I got my orvis ones. So let me know.

7. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

I"m just hesitant to have someone go through the trouble of sending something if there's a chance it wouldn't fit him. I did a look at the Hodgeman size charts, and it would take an XL stout to fit him. Is yours the stout version?

8. Eric Denny

Evan I don't think so I know the tag doesn't say so.

9. Eric Denny

Well just keep these in mind if you need to do a trade or something like that for him. Just message me if you decide you want them or can use them in a trade.

Evan Burck likes this.
  10. South Fork

South Fork Active Member

Does he need boots. I have a pair of Size 12 Simms. They are the older guide boots and shrank a bit, so figure size 11. They have felt on them but pretty good condition.

Free to good home.

Eric Denny likes this.