Wanna Join Me?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by wyo_guy, Oct 17, 2002.

1. wyo_guy New Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm going to hit the salt tomorrow morning and maybe a river later on. I'll be at Richmond Beach around 7:30am, hopefully. I drive a green Exploder with a Thule ski rack.

I'd like to try my luck with some SRCs on a nearby river, but need a little direction from you guys. Is the Sky worth a shot (it's so close) or should I rally up to the Stilly? I was going to use my 6wt (thanks DW!) and would like some advice on flies, too.

If anyone wants to join me, I'd love the company.

Tim

PS: I hope to run into the Old Man, YT, and MacRowdy some time. It always sounds like good times!
  2. Surf_Candy Member

Bainbridge Island, WA.
    Tim - getting any action off the beach? I've hit nil all summer on the Kitsap side....

Can't meet you, got kid duty this weekend - good luck though.
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,412 / 0
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

Well I will be on the N/Fork tomorrow after about 0930 at the place that I have been talking about in a few of these posts. Just past the Oso store. On the Oso loop rd. I'm not much on fishing in the salt water. Maybe next year.

Jim
  4. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Tim,

Definately hook up with us and we will induct you into "Team Rugged". Hahaha and yeah it is as fun as it gets. Esp. with old man. That guy is a real kick in the pants.

MacRowdy
  5. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +179 / 0
    I'll be at the NF stilly tomorrow. I'm gonna sneak outta work at noon or 1:00. If you want to meet me, send me a email! Hey, Old man Jim, Let's hook up tomorrow too! what spot you gonna be in? YT
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

Well you found me and as the fishing was the same as always. I left because it got to cold. What happened to the sun that was supposed to come out. I wear wool socks on my feet and they still got cold. It's a good thing that I didn't fall in then I would have really got cold. I'm at home and I'm still cold. :SAD

Jim
  7. MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Ashton, Idaho
    Old Man,

What happened? I thought you were supposed to meet up with Whitey this afternoon!?

MacRowdy
  8. Bart New Member

Kirkland, Washington.
    Tim,

Just saw your note. Sorry I couldn't join you today as fishing the surf is fun. Shoot a note anytime and we will try to fish together.

As far as SRC's, you might think of joining a few of us at Ben Howard tomorrow - look at the postings about a spey clave. There is some good SRC fishing at Ben Howard. It sounds like some of us who are going aren't spey guys, but some of the techniques would apply to one handed rods. Besides, a spey cast is a graceful thing to watch.

Bart
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt

I did, didn't you read my post about getting cold.

Jim