Wanted: Sinking Line

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Islander, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +177 / 6
    Anyone have a sinking or sinktip line laying around not be used they would like to sell? Need a 5wt.
  2. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +485 / 0
    I was at Outdoor Emporium a few days back and they had several teeny sink lines plus Ultra 3's and Supreme 2's Sink Tip and Sink lines on discount ...between 12.00 and 26.00 bucks. Plus a lot of spools for different reels...cheap...4.00 - 10.00..I really don't know all the makes..but there was SA's and pfluegers plus others.
  3. E'burg fisher Member

Ellensburg
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    pm sent on a 6wt Rio sinking line
  4. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Steve,
    I'm pretty sure I've got 5wt sinking line on my 6 wt rod right now and have been thinking about changing it out. Have any 6 or 7 wt. line you'd want to trade?

I'm on Lone Lake (Apollo off Bayview Rd).

Jeff Dodd
  5. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Hi Jeff, No, wish I did, all my other set ups have the multi-tip lines. If you are thinking about selling it let me know. I am going to go to the Port Townsen FF Show this Sat. maybe I can find a deal on one there. I live on Goss Lake, I have probably seen you on Lone if you fish it much.
  6. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Steve,
    Wish I was able to join you in PT for the show. Have fun.

You're welcome to give this line a try to make sure it's the right weight. I inheirited it from a friend who was encouraging me to take up fly fishing, but I suspect it's a little light for my new 6wt rod.

I'd like to buy a multi tip line so I can stay out of the weeds in lone lake and then still be able to use a sinking line for SRC.

I'll look for you on Lone Lake sometime this spring. I recently got a float tube. I usually put in down by the lilly pads - via my neighbor's dock (last one on that side of the lake)

Do you fish the salt for SRC?
  7. Randy Sheaff New Member

Redmond, WA
    Yes, just happened to be going through my gear and since I don't really fish a 5 wt rod anymore have a few 5 wt lines including a full sink type 3 S/A

Let me know if you are interested?
  8. trout junkie New Member

rockyriver,ohio
    I have a cortland 10' sink tip in a 7 wt. that I'd like a sinking or sink tip 5 or 6 wt. for.Email me mike14@cox.net
  9. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Got what I needed. Thanks to all who replied.
  10. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    t. junkie.

The line I have is in good condition, but I don't know what brand it is. I would be interested in trading for your 7 wt. line, but can't give you a good description even of what I have. As sinking lines go, I think this one would be rated as a slow sink, maybe type 2?

Let me know if you're interested, and maybe I can find someone to tell me how much life is left in my line, and what the sink rate is.

What I do know is: it's blue :eek:

Jeff